Hi. I'm looking for help to do this please. We'll happily pay.
It's all for my 95 year old partially sighted, and rather forgetful these days, father-in-law.
My concept is this.
A standalone box with two momentary buttons (one backlit blue & one backlit red) a speaker a temperature sensor & a relay
It would work thus:
- continually monitors temp sensor
- when the temp is 'low', boiler relay would energise as being 'called for' and the red LED would be 'on'
- when boiler NOT being 'called for' relay would be off and red LED would be off
- press any button. Get a 'welcome chime' and the current space temp read out e.g. "Bing bong, it is twenty one point five degrees"
- at 'welcome chime' both LEDS (red & blue) would start flashing and a voice would say, "To raise the temperature press the red button, to lower the temperature press the blue button"
- when either button is pressed the set point is moved up/down by 0.5 degrees centigrade and the new set point temp is read out. If the button is pressed quickly, the current announcement is curtailed and the new value read out.
- after 5 seconds of no further presses it announces, "The new set point is XX.X)
- after a further 5 seconds the flashing buttons go back to either solid or off (i.e. stand by mode)
I already have an Arduino Mega which I was hoping to use. I have the DF Mini in mind for storing the wav (or whatever files) to be read out. Currently no idea about suitable temp sensor although I do realise it will need some hysterisis (so, come on at 0.5 degs below set point and go off at 0.5 above set point)
I'd like this to be available as an open project once completed so other elderly people can benefit from it