Project with tracking sensors for dj's

hI! I study design and have this idea in mind,
having sound by moving a tracked object. I don't know how to code, but with the arduino, I noticed that we can hack a synth.
If there is a way to transform a "coordonnée" (french for (x;y)). into an order for his potentiometers, It will do the easy bridge between the sound and the sensors. If you can show me how to transform it I would be very grateful!

Maybe with this tutorial (hack a wiimote) but it looks very difficult to make it

But this one is easy to do. And just with a piece of aluminium sheet:

I have made it but I'm stuck by all these problems of voltage. Because if I connect the arduino to the potentiometer, it looks like dying. So I don't want to screw it before I ask you these questions.

Thanks to you!

If there is a way to transform a "coordonnée" (french for (x;y)). into an order for his potentiometers,

A potentiometer is an input device. How to you plan to order it around?

Because if I connect the arduino to the potentiometer, it looks like dying.

You have something connected incorrectly, then. A schematic, even hand drawn, or a photo would be necessary for us to tell you what is wrong.

Thanks for your reply tigrou!

When I turn the potentiometers of a synth, it gives an order to the music software. I thought that we could make the computer believe that it is being turned by sending values with the arduino to it.

But maybe the potentiometer needs a lot of energy to turn with just electricity. So the arduino is perhaps not enough powerful.
With conduct to the next problem your told. Do you think I should replace it by an another one ou should I link a source energy?

good bye!

When I turn the potentiometers of a synth, it gives an order to the music software. I thought that we could make the computer believe that it is being turned by sending values with the arduino to it.

Maybe you can. You have not define which music software you are referring to.

But maybe the potentiometer needs a lot of energy to turn with just electricity.

The potentiometers are not turned by electricity. They are turned because someone grabs the knob on the shaft and twists.

Do you think I should replace it by an another one ou should I link a source energy?

No and no. What you should do is define, via a schematic or a photo, just how you have connected the potentiometers to the Arduino (and you should post your code).

Hi!

I can't send you the photo because I borrowed the synth of my boss to test the connexion with arduino. And he saw that somebody started to screw it.
I have a good experience about music softwares which use MIDI format: as soon as there is a way to send a MIDI note, any program can take the relay. Ableton is pretty good for this kind of experience.
But I realize by seeing your forum that I have a lot of things to learn.I don't know your language so the right questions come hardly. It seems to be like the big question in softwares is "and if?". It opens on many good questions like and if the hand wants to get out of the cube. How can I record the last wanted position?
At this point the best thing you could do is to give me some tutorials which answer to some basic questions I can't express about hardware and software.

Here is a very simple schema of the general circuit and the code of the 3d tracker. Hope it will be useful for you to understand!

schema explicatiffini.pdf (848 KB)

3DInterface-master.zip (21.7 KB)

At this point the best thing you could do is to give me some tutorials which answer to some basic questions I can't express about hardware and software.

How can anyone do that? If you can't ask the question, how can we point you at an answer?

Well you're right. I would like to know if it is possible to have two connexions at the same time on the potentiometer of a synth. So that the arduino sends values to the potentiometer (one the first connexion) and the computer believes that somebody is turning it(on the second connexion). It's like replace the movement of the hand by sending values to the potentiometer.

Thanks for your help!