PushButton.h - Error

Hello everyone, I downloaded a small project of free code but when debugging the code I get the message of

“PushButton.h: No such file or directory”

I think I downloaded the correct libraries but still can not figure out the code.

Can you help me with the code?

(deleted)

I can't see any code and you didn't say where you downloaded the library from. Makes it difficult to help.

OTOH I've never heard of "PushButton.h" but I have heard of "Pushbutton.h". Are you sure it's not just a spelling mistake on your part?

Steve

slipstick:
Hello everyone, I downloaded a small project of free code but when debugging the code I get the message of

“PushButton.h: No such file or directory”

I think I downloaded the correct libraries but still can not figure out the code.

Can you help me with the code?

I downloaded the libraries from the same arduino software, less “button.h” that downloads it from

https://playground.arduino.cc/Code/Button

here you can download the code

Code link

Did you actually download PushButton.h and install the library ?

Where is it located on your PC ?

UKHeliBob:
Did you actually download PushButton.h and install the library ?

Where is it located on your PC ?

I try it in Mac and Pc but i have the same problem. I talk with the code author and he say me the code is running.

If someone can download the code, run it and say me if is true... are good for me.

P3P0:
I downloaded the libraries from the same arduino software, less "button.h" that downloads it from

Arduino Playground - Button Library

here you can download the code

Code link

Neither of those contains a file named PushButton.h. In a perfect world, people who publish their Arduino code would document where to get the library dependencies. Unfortunately they often don't bother and we are left to search the Internet for the correct one. This is especially difficult when there are multiple libraries that contain a file of the same name.

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the first post in any forum entitled how to use this forum.
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html then look down to item #7 about how to post your code.
It will be formatted in a scrolling window that makes it easier to read.

Try here for the library;

I believe it is the correct one.

Tom... :slight_smile:

pert:
Neither of those contains a file named PushButton.h. In a perfect world, people who publish their Arduino code would document where to get the library dependencies. Unfortunately they often don't bother and we are left to search the Internet for the correct one. This is especially difficult when there are multiple libraries that contain a file of the same name.

I think it.

If is difficult for us, for me is extremly difficult because my skills is minimun.

The project in author's web Fabricación de un Roadbook con Tripmaster

P3P0:
If is difficult for us, for me is extremly difficult because my skills is minimun.

It's also difficult for those of us with more experience who are trying to help others. With enough searching and testing I can usually find the library but it's frustrating to do all that work when it's not even my project. It would be so much easier for the author of the code to spend a few seconds to add a comment with the library URL that they already know.

P3P0:
The project in author's web Fabricación de un Roadbook con Tripmaster

Yes, I already scanned that, but didn't see anything about where to get the library.

pert:
It's also difficult for those of us with more experience who are trying to help others. With enough searching and testing I can usually find the library but it's frustrating to do all that work when it's not even my project. It would be so much easier for the author of the code to spend a few seconds to add a comment with the library URL that they already know.
Yes, I already scanned that, but didn't see anything about where to get the library.

pert:

thank you very much for your disinterested help

(deleted)

spycatcher2k:
You have just been added to the 'Do not help this person under any circumstances for being disrespectful' list.

Goodbye

sorry, what did I say to be disrespectful?

The "thank you very much for your disinterested help" comes across as sarcasm. I was a bit offended by it but then I decided to assume that you meant "thank you for taking the time to help even though it's not your project".

I'm not paid to help people on the forum so it's true that I don't have the same level of interest in getting your project working as I would with my own. However, I did take the time to open your attached image of the error message, download the Button library, unzip it, and check to see if it had the PushButton.h file, then looked at the open-trip repository and the author's blog to see if I could find a link to the library that had that file. So I think "disinterested" is not quite accurate. I did stop short of doing a Google search like TomGeorge did since I figure you're just as qualified to do that as I am.

You could go to his github page and open an issue.
Le him know that he has not included/specified the libraries he used.
Although, I do notice that he has that on his to do list.
If you open an issue, he might point you to the libraries he used.

pert:
The "thank you very much for your disinterested help" comes across as sarcasm. I was a bit offended by it but then I decided to assume that you meant "thank you for taking the time to help even though it's not your project".

I'm not paid to help people on the forum so it's true that I don't have the same level of interest in getting your project working as I would with my own. However, I did take the time to open your attached image of the error message, download the Button library, unzip it, and check to see if it had the PushButton.h file, then looked at the open-trip repository and the author's blog to see if I could find a link to the library that had that file. So I think "disinterested" is not quite accurate. I did stop short of doing a Google search like TomGeorge did since I figure you're just as qualified to do that as I am.

I do not speak English well, maybe I have not expressed myself correctly. I am sorry if I have offended you, it has not been my intention at any time.

P3P0:
I talk with the code author and he say me the code is running.

So you're actually in contact with the code's author? Why not ask him / her where to download the library you need?