Read a PWM Signal....

Howdy, Y'all!
I am trying to read the PWM signal, which can be a variable speed signal, from another Arduino, so I can match the PWM signal. I want to match, or sync the signal to the same PWM it on another motor, at least close enough so I can emulate, and drive a different motor, separate from the monitored one, and speed match it as close as possible. I want to be able to slow the second motor down from the matched speed,in steps, until it stops. How would I do this, as simple as possible?
Thanks in advance for your help....

Taz...

Why not use pulseIn() command to measure the High and Low time amounts to determine pulse width (duty cycle) and period/frequency?

CrossRoads:
Why not use pulseIn() command to measure the High and Low time amounts to determine pulse width (duty cycle) and period/frequency?

Howdy! I thought of that, but, needed to hear from someone with experience. I'm the average user. Retired, not retarded, so I ask, it saves TIME, and FRUSTRATIONS. lol!!!

I will try using it this weekend, and see what I can come up with. I certainly may need help with the coding of it. I would like to match the motor speed of one motor, and then slow it down, after it matches speed. Hopefully, I can make it a bit adjustable for tuning it to the correct slow down cycle, and slowly stop the motor.

Also, Could this method be used to simulate a "dynamic Brake", controlled by the second motor controller.?(Most likely both Arduino's).

Thanks for your input! I appreciate any ones help on this. I am hoping to figure this out within the next few days...

Y'all Take care now, Ya hear??? :wink: