Recognition of objects

Hey guys!

I wanted some guidance on a project I'm working on.

I was wondering if it's possible with an Arduino to recognize an object via a camera.

My goal is to be able to detect an object and execute a program by consequence.

First of all, I wanted to know if it's possible.

Second of all, I wanted to know if anyone has any idea on how it could be possible to do it.

I don't want someone to write the whole code in my place, I just want to know how I could do it, with what components and maybe give me some guidelines for my code. If someone has some example code for a similar project, that would be fantastic too!

That is, if it's possible...

Thanks a lot!

WB

Not really. Object recognition calls for both memory and computing power.
Looking at the Rpi family is likely better then Arduinos.

Use the Search Forum function in this window, or Google, for object recognition.

What types of objects do you want the computer with camera to recognize?

Object detection is often trivial. For example, a dirt cheap ultrasonic sensor can inform your robot of an obstruction in its path.

ESP32... ( Object Classification )

First of all, thanks for responding!

I'm working on a robot for a competition.

I would like the Arduino to recognize / see / track the competion balls which are blue and yellow and about 6in in diameter.

Hope this helps!

WB

https://pixycam.com

++ for Pixycam

Thanks for your help guys! I'll check out the ESP32 and the PIXY.

One more thing: There's another post I made concerning this subject, so maybe you could check it out.

And if anyone else has any ideas for this post, I'd be thrilled!

Thanks!

WB