Regarding programming in Arduino

Sir,I am a student of Electronics and Communication Engineering from India.Sir, in my upcoming vacations I am going to learn AVR Microcontroller programming using Embedded C language.I want to ask can I use the exactly same codes of AVR Microcontroller in the programming the Arduino also?If no,then please give some links on website to learn programming in Arduino or any other valuable suggestions to learn programming in Arduino are most welcome.

(deleted)

It is a very bad idea to use your email address as your username. It means it is readily accessible to spammers.

If you want to learn to use an Arduino look at the LEARNING section of this website.

...R

In general, yes. You can run any valid AVR code on the Arduino (it's compiled to machine code so you're not running the C-language code). But, the pinouts may be different... The Arduino board's pin numbers are different from the chip's pin numbers and the Arduino's version of C++ "points to" the board pinouts. You'll have to adjust for that. And, you may have to make some changes/adjustments if you're using a different AVR chip.

And, programming may be different. The Arduino has an embedded bootloader and a USB port for programming. You don't have to use the bootloader and Arduino IDE to program the Arduino, but that's the easy way that most people do it.

Of course, a "raw" AVR chip without the bootloader won't work with the Arduino IDE.

DVDdoug:
Of course, a "raw" AVR chip without the bootloader won't work with the Arduino IDE.

I program "raw" chips regularly using the Arduino IDE without having a bootloader on the chip. Of course to do that it is necessary to have a "programmer" board between the PC and the chip. I use an Uno or an Atmega 328 on a breadboard as the programmer. The IDE comes with the program that makes an Uno act as a programmer.

...R