Removal of "Automatically Removed Quote of Whole Previous Post by System" Feature

Hi everyone!

Does anyone think that the this feature needs to be gotten rid of? Or at least changed? No matter how long a quote is, if it is the entire post it is automatically deleted without warning. For example, Removed Quote in My Post? - #3 by 6v6gt.

Anyone have any ideas on how this feature should be altered or removed? Maybe we can get a moderator to make some changes.

I just tend to copy the whole quote except for the last full stop or question mark. It has become a habit with me now.

Why would you quote the whole of a previous post when you can simply link to it with a single mouse click ?

AFAIR there is a warning, and I find this feature helpful with large topics and users of other tools or environments that suggest to include the complete preceding communication. This is not required with the forum.

I only would like to retain quotes of single line or sentence entries so that the relationship is visible without following the link back to the preceding entry.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.