RFID project with a nano temperature sensor

Greetings!

I'm undertaking a new project and I appreciate your help greatly as I lack knowledge with RFIDs...

I have a nano-scale "temperature" sensor (film) that sends a DC signal of it's current temperature... I would like to utilize RFID to send such signals to a computer.. below some requirements:

1. on the sensor side, only a RFID tag should store the current temperature and send its value when in range with a reader. minimal circuitry at this end is a mandatory..

2. an arduino hooked up to a reader periodically could scan for the temperature and stores it to a memory...

3. it has to be long range (1-3 meters)

the biggest challenge is to minimize circuitry at the sensor side..

thanks!

No your biggest challenge is the range.
You will not be able to do this with a conventional tag. You will have to in effect build an active tag, that is one that is powered. It will need to contain a processor of some sorts.

thanks mike!

any advice on what products might fit my specs?

No it is a build it yourself job. Sorry.

I have a nano-scale "temperature" sensor (film)

1. it has to be long range (1-3 meters)

These two statements are hard to reconcile.

Why does the reader need to be so far away? Never heard of wire?

Hi,
I not fully up with the latest RFID.
But how are you going to get the temp sensor to input to the RFID and get the RFID to transmit this info?
I don't see any input terminals on a shop security tag or my eftpos wavy thingy card, let alone a battery to run it.

Tom...... :slight_smile:
(Electronic Funds Transfer Point Of Sale)

I needed a suggestion from the RFID experts out there. all I have as of now a DC signal coming out of my temp sensor… after that point, all is open for innovation :slight_smile:

let’s start with the question? is there any RFID tag that I can write sensor readings to that’s compatible with Arduino. let’s ignore the range for now…

Basically to write data to an RFID tag you need an Arduino system. So I can't see the point of doing so unless you then need to transfere it to another system. You might be better off using an SD card with built in Wi-Fi.
I assume that to get the DC out of your sensor you have to have some sort of power that you put in.

Just googled it

See

@rogerClark

the supplied link is for off-the-shelf temperature unit. I want to use my sensors and use RFID for the data transfer only.

@rogerClark

the supplied link is for off-the-shelf temerature unit. I want to use my sensors and use RFID for the data transfer only.

I googled this for you again and found