SD Card init failed

I'm trying to read a file from text file on SD card.
I'm using this SD Shield for my work.

First of all,I tried to run example program on SD Library.when I run CardInfo program it gives card type
But,when program trying to read volume,it was failed.Sometime it was done.but,lot of time it was failed.
this is the cord of CardInfo program that failed.

// Now we will try to open the 'volume'/'partition' - it should be FAT16 or FAT32
  if (!volume.init(card)) {
    Serial.println("Could not find FAT16/FAT32 partition.\nMake sure you've formatted the card");
    return;
  }

SD Card is formatted correctly using windows 7 either FAT16 or FAT32.but,program gives same problem.
I have used pin10 of my Arduino Uno as SPI CS pin.When I use pin4 output is same.
Also I change my Shield.
What is the problem in my work?Actually there is no any work :frowning:

SD Card is formatted correctly using windows 7 either FAT16 or FAT32

It most certainly is NOT formatted correctly. Go to the Storage section, where this should have been posted, and read the sticky at the top of the forum.

So,How can I format SD correctly?

Use the one at the bottom of the page here

Thanks all.
I changed CS pin to Uno pin2..now it's working properly. :slight_smile:
I don't know what is the reason for work.
Anyone can explain?

Nandika:
I changed CS pin to Uno pin2..now it's working properly. :slight_smile:
I don't know what is the reason for work.
Anyone can explain?

SD cards are operated at 3.3V.
An UNO is operated at 5V.

While the LC STUDIO SD card holder is equipped with a voltage regulator for 5V voltage input at VSS to provide 3.3V for the SD card voltage, this card holder has no level converters for the I/0 lines.

So the LC STUDIO SD card holder requires either level converters when used with 5V Arduino boards such like UNO, or at least some resistors as level dividers to change the Arduin 5V I/O to 3.3.V logic level output.

If you don't, you run the SD card out of specification and nobody can tell you what might happen.