Seeedstudio Bluetooth Shield

Hi Arduino Team,

I'd like to build a bluetooth communication between a smartphone and my Arduino Uno using the Seeedstudio Bluetooth Shield - Bluetooth Shield | Seeed Studio Wiki

After a bluetooth connection between my smartphone and the bluetooth module, my arduino board sends some states as a string:

+BTSTATE:3
CONNECT:OK
+BTSTATE:4

Can you please tell me, where the strings are defined in the code? I'd like to delete them.

void setupBlueToothConnection()
{
	blueToothSerial.begin(38400);                           // Set BluetoothBee BaudRate to default baud rate 38400
	blueToothSerial.print("\r\n+STWMOD=0\r\n");             // set the bluetooth work in slave mode
	blueToothSerial.print("\r\n+STNA=SeeedBTSlave\r\n");    // set the bluetooth name as "SeeedBTSlave"
	blueToothSerial.print("\r\n+STOAUT=1\r\n");             // Permit Paired device to connect me
	blueToothSerial.print("\r\n+STAUTO=0\r\n");             // Auto-connection should be forbidden here
	_delay_ms(2000);
	// This delay is required.
	blueToothSerial.print("\r\n+INQ=1\r\n");                // make the slave bluetooth inquirable
	//Serial.println("The slave bluetooth is inquirable!");
	_delay_ms(2000);                                        // This delay is required.
	blueToothSerial.flush();
}

-> maybe in the setupBlueToothConnection()? I tried to delete the bluetoothserial.print()-s -unfortunately the strings are still sent.

BR
D.

Tera Term VT.png

You say you want to communicate, but that code looks like it is just for resetting something.

Nick_Pyner:
You say you want to communicate, but that code looks like it is just for resetting something.

That function is just for initialising. I didn't want to copy the whole code here

I just don't want to send therse states

Umm, since you are so secretive about your code, and in the absence of any clear intent, the answer just might be: don't send them.

Nobody else does.

The first line of your subroutine

blueToothSerial.begin(38400); // Set BluetoothBee BaudRate to default baud rate 38400

probably reflects the absurdity of what you are doing.

I contacted Seedstudio and they replied: "These outputs will be automatically printed indicating the status of connection, and it is driven by the firmware of the BT module. I guess the solution is to change its firmware but we cannot provide. Thanks! "

So does someone have any idea? ^^

Very interesting, and I don't think it's much of an answer. That junk is your code in your mysterious programme and, even if it is output by firmware, I don't see why you are obliged to print it. I don't know why this is a problem anyway but, if you use a plain-vanilla $5 HC-05 bluetooth device, it's certainly a problem you will not have.

However, looking down that avenue does bring a problem of its own - what does the Seedstudio device offer that the HC-05 doesn't? This is perhaps a very short-lived problem.

The module Seeedstudio implemented in the shield is the "SLD63030P". I got that shield from my lecturer for my project. That's the reason I use this one.
So, any ideas how I can delete the states? Any experiences?

It doesn't seem a very good reason if it is causing you this grief. "SLD63030P" seems to be no more than a catalogue number. Since your problem is unique, and you make no attempt to clarify the situation, I'm afraid the best I can suggest is to read replies #3, #5 again.