Serial.printIn error

I've tried searching around but to no avail. I'm getting an irritating and inconsistent error message when I attempt to use Serial.printIn

'class HardwareSerial' has no member named 'printIn'

I lifted the bit of code from a book I bought to really get to grips with the language

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  int a = 2;
  int b = 2;
  int c = a + b;
  Serial.printIn(c);
}

void loop() {
}

The 'printIn' does not go orange in this code, which makes no sense because I have sketches far more complex that use 'printIn' and it's fine. Can anyone maybe explain what an earth is going on?

Thanks.

It's println (lower case L) not printIn (Upper case I).

Spectacular. I'm an idiot, thanks.

In my defence the font in the book is different to the latest Arduino IDE XD

I'm an idiot

No, you're not. The problem is simply a lack of familiarity with the Arduino set of functions and methods. Had you been familiar with the Serial class, you would have recognized the println() method name. There is nothing to be ashamed of.

My eyesight is not great anymore and the days of my boyhood when I could repair a pocketwatch without a magnifying glass are long-gone; but, the Arduino GUI programming editor is really showing it's age by not providing more user-friendly (read: useful) prompts when one is typing. Even Excel formula editor is superior to the APE. Yes, we could all switch to Visual Studio, but a little attention to the Arduino GUI would suffice for many, many issues.

Ray