1. Make connection between your UNO/NANO and HC06 as per following diagram.
Figure-1: Connection between NANO and HC06 using software UART Port
2. Upload the following sketch in the UNO/NANO
SoftwareSerial SUART(2, 3);//SRX-pin/STX-pin of UNO
byte n = SUART.available(); //checking if a character has arrived from BT
if(n != 0)
char x = SUART.read(); //read the character from BT and save
Serial.print(x); //show the character in Serial Monitor of NANO
//---read from InputBox of Serial Monitor and then send to BT
byte n1 = Serial.available(); //check if a character has come from Serial Monitor of NANO
char x1 = Serial.read();
3. Pair the NANO and Android Phone.
4. Open the Serial Monitor at 9600 Bd.
Figure-2: Details of Serial Monitor
5. Send hello from Android i n ASCII Mode. Check that the string has appeared on the OutputBox of Serial Monitor.
6. Send ok! from the InputBox of Serial Monitor. Check that the message has appeared on the BT Screen of the Android Phone.