Servo to PWM

Hi,

I am new to this topic and I wonder if someone can help me this. I searched some time I didnt manage to find something(I m sorry if this is answered multiple times). How can I transform a servo signal in a lower PWM Signal (120 Hz)?

Would be great if someone could help me there. Excuse me for my English I hope you can understand it anyway.

Regards luegenbar0n

luegenbar0n: How can I transform a servo signal in a lower PWM Signal (120 Hz)?

You need to provide more information.

What is your project?

What is providing the servo signal? What frequency is it working at? What frequency do you want it to work at? What is the signal at the new frequency being used for?

...R

Hi @Robin2,

thank you for your answer. I got a dronecontroller to ride a caterpillar or tank. The dronectroller outputs a servosignal at 400 Hz I think and the hydraulic pump needs a PWM at 120 Hz. Is this possible ? I just need an theoretical example how one would programm it.

Regards luegenbar0n

luegenbar0n:
The dronectroller outputs a servosignal at 400 Hz I think and the hydraulic pump needs a PWM at 120 Hz. I

I wonder is there some confusion here. Unfortunately PWM has two completely different meanings - the signal produced by the Arduino Servo library and the signal produce by the Arduino analogWrite() function which is used to control the speed of a DC motor.

Without knowing anything about your hydraulic pump I can’t say which it requires.

…R

Ok, think the second meaning should be the right one. The hydraulic valves need 12 V 0,5 bis 1,5 A with a 120 Hz PWM. It is all about the approach if I cant help you.

Regards luegenbar0n

Hi @Robin2,

how would the code look like if I want him to read the servo signal and compare it to given numbers that mean steer right steer left or drive forward and then output what the valves need for the steering order in a PWM Signal. Does this make sense?

Regards luegenbar0n

luegenbar0n: how would the code look like if I want him to read the servo signal and compare it to given numbers that mean steer right steer left or drive forward and then output what the valves need for the steering order in a PWM Signal. Does this make sense?

Start by telling us all about the project you are trying to build. You know all the background to your questions but we know none of it. (I asked this in Reply #1).

...R

I agree with Robin that you should provide more information about your project.

I got a dronecontroller to ride a caterpillar or tank.

hydraulic pump

the valves need for the steering

How big is this?