Solder on Uno power connector

I purchased an Arduino Starter Kit a while back, but didn’t start using it until now because another commitment started taking up too much time.

Now, however, I am trying to get started with the kit.

While trying to screw the Uno R3 board onto the included base, there is a problem with the power connector. More specifically, it appears that the connector’s legs are so long that they don’t allow the board to sit properly on the plastic base.

This means that the board will either not be securely attached to the base or that the board wobbles when I’m trying to plug or unplug anything.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Can you use spacers?

Thanks, I suppose that I can, I’ll just need to source them from somewhere.

Old ball pen?
Thick straw?
Thin water hose?
You can drill a hole in a hot glue stick (no need to melt it)

If the problem is that the connector legs stick out too far beyond the bottom of the board, you could snip or file them off shorter.

I hadn’t thought of any quick-and-easy solutions like that. I’d been thinking of just running to my local hardware store in the morning and grabbing some pre-made spacers. Thanks.

Yup, that’s exactly the problem. I had initially considered just filing the excess solder down by a tiny bit, but was slightly concerned about damaging the connector itself. Although, I suppose that removing the slightest bit of extra solder that’s there won’t impair the connector’s functioning, as long as I’m careful about not damaging the legs themselves.