SOLVED! compilation error arduino:avrdude@6.3.0-arduino17' is not installed

Installed V2.0.0 beta 4
now no upload to board UNO and Mega. With IDE 1.8.4 on both boards a perfect upload.
This is the error. Sorry English is not my native (I'm dutch)
Compilation complete.
Warning: tool 'arduino:avrdude@6.3.0-arduino17' is not installed. It might not be available for your OS."{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/bin/avrdude" "-C{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/etc/avrdude.conf" -v -V -patmega328p -carduino "-PCOM3" -b115200 -D "-Uflash:w:C:\Users\Frits\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino-sketch-690751EC680BF449C81D7C67CC68E8A3/Blink_without_delay_van_Frits.ino.hex:i"
Upload error: Error: 2 UNKNOWN: uploading error: cannot execute upload tool: exec: "{runtime.tools.avrdude.path}/bin/avrdude": file does not exist

Hi @Frits1956. Please try the fix described in this article:

The reason the file might be found when using Arduino IDE 1.8.4, but not when using Arduino IDE 2.x is because the Arduino IDE 1.8.4 comes with this tool pre-installed as part of the bundled Arduino AVR Boards platform, while Arduino IDE 2.x currently requires that you install any boards platform you need via Boards Manager.

Arduino IDE 2.x doesn't have access to that avrdude installation bundled with the Arduino IDE 1.8.4, so if for some reason avrdude failed to install during the Boards Manager installation of Arduino AVR Boards then you would get this error. The instructions I linked to above will fix that.

TNX. Your answere solved the problem.

You’re welcome. I’m glad to hear it’s working now. Enjoy!
Per

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.