[SOLVED] Library sub-directories; can't find reference to functions.

Hello all. I’m building a library, and I have a lot of headers and cpp files in a /src directory within the library root directory. I have one main header in the root directory that I import into my sketches that references the other files in the /src directory. For some reason, the compiler is unable to find references to the functions defined in the /src sub directory.

If I move the files from the /src directory to the root directory (and update the includes in the files), then everything compiles fine. I know that it is possible to have your files in a sub directory, as other built in libraries (e.g. ethernet) do the same. I want to have the majority of files in the sub-directory so that there are not 20 includes injected into the sketch when the library is imported.

I have tried restarting the IDE, re-importing the library, and deleting all temporary build files in my temp folder. Anybody have any thoughts?

Anybody have any thoughts?

The usual one. Post your code.

The name src doesn't matter, but, really, it should indicate the purpose of the files in that directory. You've obviously noticed that the Ethernet library uses utility, to indicate that that is where utility functions/classes live.

I thought the name "utility" was hard coded... You should put your files in /utility, not /src.

The IDE can't easily do a recursive compile of all files in a library as there are things like examples in there that most certainly do not want to be compiled into the library code.

majenko:
I thought the name "utility" was hard coded... You should put your files in /utility, not /src.

The IDE can't easily do a recursive compile of all files in a library as there are things like examples in there that most certainly do not want to be compiled into the library code.

Right on, majenko. The IDE only recognizes files in the "utility" folder. Thanks for the insight!!
Marked the thread as solved.