Split a string in two to be shown on a LCD

Hello, i am doing my first project using arduino, i have a problem that is showing the text from a file in a SD card to a (16,2) lcd screen that is called time.dat , the file only has a single line that is
Date: 2019-04-26, Time: 21:30:00 however i want to make to make the text after the comma go to the second line using the setCursor command, but i am having trouble splting the string, i tried using readStringUntil but that only gives me the first part of the text and i tried using strtok like i did in C however i am having troubles using it. My teacher told me i should use subStrings but i can’t really undrestand how to read and print a subString. Help would be really appreciated and sorry for my bad english.

Capturar.PNG

i tried using strtok like i did in C

That is the correct function to use if the text is in a C style string (lowercase s) because the Arduino is programmed in C (actually C++)

Please post what you tried and explain the problems

NOTE : please post the code here directly (using code tags) and not a picture of the code

See read this before posting a programming question

My teacher told me i should use subStrings but i can’t really undrestand how to read and print a subString.

If your teacher told you to use subString()s, he/she is a fool.

If your teacher told you to use substring()s, you are the fool for not reading the documentation for the substring() method of the String class.

Which one of you is the fool is pretty clear to me. It was the one that posted a picture of text.

PaulS:
If your teacher told you to use subString()s, he/she is a fool.

If your teacher told you to use substring()s, you are the fool for not reading the documentation for the substring() method of the String class.

Which one of you is the fool is pretty clear to me. It was the one that posted a picture of text.

@PaulS
A Brattain Member calls a forum member : fool!!!
with my respects, your unpolite behavior keeps going up!!!.

binogamer:
My teacher told me i should use subStrings

Should's not must.

Don't think of the data on the SD card as strings or Strings, they're individual characters.

Why don't you do a datafile.read() of each character into a char.

If the char is not a comma do an lcd.print().

If the char is a comma, do an lcd.setCursor() to the lower line.

demkat1:
A Brattain Member [PaulS] calls a forum member : fool!!!

Not to condone PaulS' (lack of) manners, on the contrary I despise them, guess what?- the reality is you won't change anything by bleating and he (un-)fortunately happens to be one of the most knowledgeable and helpful folk on this forum (once you cut through his brusqueness and read what he's really saying).

(I never thought I'd say that.... I'm mellowing with age, evidently.)

Mastering strtok() is well-worth the effort. I suggest a DuckDuckGo search on “Arduino C strtok() example” and experiment with some of those. Keep in mind that strtok() is “destructive”, which means if you wish to re-use the input string, make a copy of it before you use strtok(), as it divides up the input char array with NULL characters.