Strange problem..maybe a bug !?

Things we're working fine I was writing scripts and downloading them, no problem Then I opened the Processing software tried to run a processing script. Opened up my Arduino software again to run my previous script, now the GUI will not download the script. It seems to compile the script but not download.

Does anyone know why this might be happening ?

How can we tell?

What errormessage does appear?

Check in the Arduino IDE under the tools menu if the comport is still correctly selected. Processing and Arduino are close connected and there maybe interference ..

I have not tried to run both Processing and Arduino together but yes Arduino IDE is a hacked version of Processing so there may be interference. If I'm using both, I will make sure my arduino side is good, by checking serial monitor, then go with processing and close arduino. You really don't want to second-guess problems while you're not 100% sure your arduino code is already perfect.

The problem has been fixed. I think the problem was: In order to setup my Arduino I need to use version "Arduino-0015" and choose the board Arduino Duemilanove w/ATmega328, which isn't the exact name as mine but close enough. Basically I think I had chosen the wrong version and wrong board type.

Sorry it was user error..

In order to setup my Arduino I need to use version "Arduino-0015"

Why do you need to use 15?

I downloaded version 0011 and 0015 about 12 months ago. 0011 because that has the driver that worked and 0015 because it lists a arduino board model type that works with my Arduino, (not exactly the same model but close enough and it works). I probably should download the latest software if there is one, I haven't checked.

I probably should download the latest software if there is one, I haven't checked.

Well you slept right through versions 16,17,18,19,20,21, and the now current version 22. Lots of new features and functions and bug fixes you have missed out on. ;)

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software

Lefty

Although to be honest 0019 & 0020 weren't around long (Linux never got a 0020). :)