Streaming data from GY-521 gyro to computer using arduino uno

Hey, I'm new to arduino and I am working on a chest worn device that tracks the orientation of a person. My goal is to stream the data that my gyro is collecting to the computer so a warning is made if the person has stayed for a long time in the same position. So far i have done the following conections:

GY-521 -> arduino - and i can see the data in arduinoIDE when i connect the arduino to the computer by cable
ZS-040 ->arduino using the following schematics

My question is how do i send this data via bluetooth to the computer so i can visulize it and use it?

Your picture uses a lot of space showing the Mega board is blue and the pin designations are unreadable. Being an UNO guy...
Post a proper wiring. Pen and paper often works well.
As You tell, connecting a cable, is the first suggestion.

Do you REALLY mean that? Streaming means broadcasting, a one-way transmission with no reply from a receiver.
Very few if any RF devices for an Arduino do that.
Paul

Don't use the Serial port (USB, TX0 & RX0) for the Bluetooth module. Save that port for debug and program output and you will have to disconnect the Bluetooth module to upload code. There are 3 more hardware serial ports, use one of them for the Bluetooth. And you can also speed up the Bluetooth baud rate (default is a glacial 9600).

Have you paired the Bt module to your computer? What app is connecting to the Bt module to receive the data?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.