Subject: Arduino Nano CH340 not recognized - Upload fails

Hi everyone,

I need help with uploading code to my Arduino Nano clone (Joy-it Nano V3 with CH340 chip).

My setup:

  • Arduino Nano Clone (Joy-it, CH340 chip)
  • Windows 11 PC
  • Arduino IDE 2.3.8
  • Hama Mini-USB cable (480 Mbps, data cable)
  • Only USB 3.0 (blue) and red ports available on my PC

What I did:

  • Installed CH341SER.EXE driver from wch-ic.com
  • Selected Board: Arduino Nano
  • Selected Processor: ATmega328P (Old Bootloader)
  • Port shows only COM1 (grey) in Arduino IDE
  • Arduino lights up when plugged in
  • Verify works fine, Upload fails

Error messages:

  • "not in sync: resp=0x00"
  • "unable to open port COM1"

In Device Manager:

  • No CH340 visible under "Ports (COM & LPT)"
  • Only COM1 (Standard) visible
  • Arduino not recognized as a device

What I already tried:

  • Reinstalled CH341SER driver multiple times
  • Restarted PC multiple times
  • Tried different USB ports
  • Changed Programmer settings
  • Changed Processor to Old Bootloader

My question: How can I get Windows 11 to recognize my Arduino Nano CH340 clone on a PC with only USB 3.0 ports?

Thank you!

Please teach Your AI friend to use How to get the best out of this forum - Development Tools / IDE 1.x - Arduino Forum

Do you hear the system chime when you remove and insert the USB cable connected to the Nano?

Hi everyone,

I need help with uploading code to my Arduino Nano clone (Joy-it Nano V3 with CH340 chip).

Hardware
Joy-it ard-NanoV3P
and my Bluetooth Modul is a HC-05
Code Problems
When I click on verify, arduino says Code is everything is right. So the Code works but not the connection from Arduino Nano V3P and my Pc.
Schematics

General
L298N → Arduino Nano IN1 → D5 | IN2 → D6 | IN3 → D7 | IN4 → D8 | ENA → D9 | ENB → D3 | GND → GND

HC-05 → Arduino Nano RXD → D1 | TXD → D0 | GND → GND | VCC → 5V

Servo → Arduino Nano Signal (orange) → D10 | VCC (red) → 5V | GND (brown) → GND

Motor 1 → L298N Cable 1 → OUT1 | Cable 2 → OUT2

Motor 2 → L298N Cable 1 → OUT3 | Cable 2 → OUT4

Battery → L298N Red → VCC | Black → GND

5V and GND from L298N distributed to: Arduino, HC-05, Servo

Research
Be specific
So my mainly problem is the CH341. Because it isn't loading. So I downloaded it from WCH the CH341SER.EXE and when I open it, there comes first a message: Do you want to accept that this app can change on your device and I click on accept afterwards there comes a screen with Install, Uninstall and Help. I also need to Select INF. After I click Install a message comes from DriverSetup and tells me this: The drive is successfully Pre-installed in advance! So if I open the CH341SER.Exe twice with both open: ERROR Some files could not be created. Please close all applications, reboot Windows and restart this installation. When I click Okay the Picture i send shows up. So the Problem is I already restartet it dozens of times but nothing changed.

Can anybody help me with this Problem.

Thank you!

No I do not hear anything when I plug in the USB to my PC and also when I checked on device Manager, nothing changed even after I plugged it in

Not said that it solves the problem but disconnect before uploading. Anything connected to pins 0/1 can interfere with uploads.

So the Problem is. I plugged everything out because my friends needs the parts for the stature. I only have Arduino Nano, my Pc and myself

How about now, with only the Arduino?

Nah sorry still the same

Please, provide useful information.

Search for CH341 issues on the forum, there will be dozens if not hundreds. Sometimes you need to install an old version.

Mentioned it in Post 1.

As...

Post #3 didn't work. You didn't consider it.

This may be your situation. https://forum.arduino.cc/t/unable-to-upload-a-sketch-to-nanos/1437245