Sumobot project

I am a first time arduino user....I am total noob but I have to do this for a school project. What is the best program/ strategies to be used in competitions against other sumo bot users. There is a small tournament taking place against other classmates. I thank you in advance.

Are we supposed to know what the heck that is ?

Are we supposed to know what the heck that is ?

Im going to go out on a limb and say Sumo wrestling with robots.

What is the best program/ strategies to be used in competitions against other sumo bot users.

First you need to know what the rules are and what is allowed. How big does it need to be, I'm sure they won't allow something the size of a lawn mower, so find the max height, width and weight.

How many wheels can you use, can you use treads, what type of motors can you use. Find out if sensors can be used to detect and try to stay within the ring, even though I doubt sensors can be used but check everything.

Once you know everything that is allowed, then you can start designing and building.

SUMO SHMUMO. It's just Robot-Push Wars . There's nothing Sumo about it.

The rules are the same, each component must abide by a certain set of guidelines or rules according to their class to ensure a fair match.

As I said, they will not allow something as small as a toaster to go up against something as big as a lawnmower.

So unlike the Robot Wars on TV where they try to destroy each other Sumobot wrestling is about pushing the opponent out of the circle ?

Basically. I miss Battlebots

I like the Wedge.

Backlash, Nightmare and Minion were my favorites.

They were all good.

Thanks to both you gents I do appreciate the input!

Oh yeah, back to the grindstone...

What is the best program/ strategies to be used in competitions against other sumo bot users.

Answer, Do the crab. Whenever the opponent approaches. Move left or right quickly and let them move past, then spin around and push like hell.