The reliable but not very sexy way to seed random

benediktkr:

justjed: Bletcherous Scribd. Anyone have a direct link to a PDF? I'd like to read that.

Yes, Blecherous Scribd indeed (I'm the author of this paper). You can find a normal PDF on http://benedikt.sudo.is/ardrand.pdf.

Many thanks.

I was browsing an ST ARM data sheet the other day, it looks like they have a hardware RNG.

I bet they don't have mega threads about random numbers on their forum :)

Rob

On some forums, the hot topic is religion. Other forums, the hot topic is politics. Round here, the hot topic is random.

Coding badly Do you mind if I steal this comment for my footer? With some people the hot topic is religion, with some people the hot topic is politics, with me the hot topic is random.

Best regards Jantje

Jantje:
Do you mind if I steal this comment for my footer?

I do not mind. Not even a tiny bit.

[quote author=Coding Badly link=topic=66206.msg631747#msg631747 date=1324613220]

On some forums, the hot topic is religion. Other forums, the hot topic is politics. Round here, the hot topic is random.

[/quote]

I was thinking of starting a thread last week on the passing of Christopher Hitchens. A great thinker, writer, and debater. But I found enough posted on other forums and didn't want to add to the various programming religious 'discussions' we already have around here. ;)

retrolefty: I was thinking of starting a thread last week on the passing of Christopher Hitchens. A great thinker, writer, and debater. But I found enough posted on other forums and didn't want to add to the various programming religious 'discussions' we already have around here. ;)

We could always talk about Vi vs. Emacs. ]:D

justjed: We could always talk about Vi vs. Emacs. ]:D

:P By far, the best editor is NuSphere's. I swear, that thing is able to read minds!