Tilt and wipe motion servo

Hi All,

Im working for a project which requires tilt and wipe motions in a unit. That project is for mini power pneumatic blower that will be fix on a platform. the servo will be used to enable the high pressure air nozzle to move in wipe motion as well as adjustable elevation angle. Initially i plan to modified the power side-mirror or a car bot seem to be a bit limited in movements. Please if anybody could give an advice/have almost the same experience on any project. Thanks in advance for your kind sharing.

"Pan ad Tilt" mechanisms are fairly common. And servos are easy to drive with the Arduino, since they come with a motor driver and the Arduino simply needs to supply a timed pulse (or two pulses for pan and tilt).

With a high-pressure nozzle you may need fairly powerful servos.

Initially i plan to modified the power side-mirror or a car bot seem to be a bit limited in movements.

A car mirror uses a geared-down DC motor. The biggest difference is that a servo has positional feedback and a "brain"... You feed-in a pulse for a particular angle, and knows where it's starting from, which direction to move to hit the target angle, and it knows to stop when it gets there.

With a car mirror, you are the brain so you tell it which way to move and when to stop.

I think you will learn a great deal just by experimenting with a cheap servo.

...R