traffic light with ultrasound sensors

Hi,
I'm very new to Arduino and am stumbling around the site trying to find where to ask a few basic questions. Example; "Where can I find a good example of a traffic light with ultrasound sensors and code that has been checked and actually works?"
I have looked at your all sorts of tabs on the Arduino site and just cant find a place for general questions from novices. I'd appreciate help.
Cheers,
Bleak51

Split from an old unrelated topic

I’d be asking myself “who would be using ultrasonic sensors with traffic lights, and how/why?”

"Where can I find a good example of a traffic light with ultrasound sensors and code that has been checked and actually works?"

A place to start is the forum search function in the upper right of this page and search for "traffic light".

Or you could do something really unusual and try Googling "Arduino traffic light ultrasonic sensor". When I do that I get 300,000+ results and most of those on the first page at least look pretty useful.

But your chances of finding code that just happens to work in exactly the way you want with the components you've chosen and the way you've set them up is pretty remote. You'll have to do at least some of your own testing.

Steve

Hi,
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the post at the start of any forum , entitled "How to use this Forum".
OR
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php/topic,148850.0.html.

Do you want to write your own code?
Is this a school/college/university project?

How do you want to use the ultrasonic units to detect cars?
What is your basic concept, can you post a diagram of how you would setup the traffic light and ultrasonic units?

Thanks.. Tom... :slight_smile: