Trying to identify pins, Arduino Nano "3.0"?

Hello,

I recently got an Arduino Nano, some jumpers and a small beadboard, I am not sure if my Arduino Nano is the version 3.0 or not, because those two versions got different pinouts, right?

This should be the 3.0 pinout:

And this should be the normal Nano pinout:

I "wrote" this code to identify where are pin 15 and 16, that way I would know which versions this Nano is, the thing is I wrote the code to turn off the built in LED once those two are connected, but it doesn't seem to work, any tips?

int val;

// the setup function runs once when you press reset or power the board
void setup() {
// initialize digital pin LED_BUILTIN as an output.
pinMode(LED_BUILTIN, OUTPUT);
pinMode(16, INPUT);
pinMode(15, OUTPUT);
}

// the loop function runs over and over again forever
void loop()
{

digitalWrite(15, HIGH);

val = digitalRead(16);

if(val == HIGH)
{
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, LOW);
}

else
{
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, HIGH); // turn the LED on (HIGH is the voltage level)
}
}

The numbers in parentheses on the top picture are just the physical pin numbering on the board, number counterclockwise from the top left corner.

The numbers in gray on the bottom picture are the physical pins on the microcontroller chip. As you can see if you look at the original uncropped version of that graphic: {spammy link removed}

Those numbers are not used by the Arduino IDE. The correct pin numbers you need to use are the ones printed on the silkscreen on the board or in purple on the lower graphic. You will notice those numbers are the same on either. Arduino pins 15 and 16 are actually A1 and A2 on the Nano.

Woaw, thank you very much!

Everything makes sence now!