Unable to connect to ESP32 module in Arduino 1.8.10?

I have an ESP32 module marked as 'ESP32S' at the back. It has an ESPRESSIF ESP32-WROOM-32. I have connected it via USB and it lights up. If I look under device manager, it displays under 'Ports' as Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM7). I have updated the CP210x driver version to the latest, 10.1.8.2466.

I am trying to run this simple program:

#define led 2

void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:
pinMode(led, OUTPUT);
}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
digitalWrite(led, HIGH);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(led, LOW);
delay(500);
}

Upload Speed: 921600
Board: DOIT ESP32 DEVKIT V1 (I tried multiple ones, I am really unsure which one my board requires since I received just the module on its own with no documentation :frowning: )
Flash Frequency: 80MHz

If I try COM7, it never connects. It has the following error: A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to ESP32: Invalid head of packet (0x00)

Thanks for your help...

Solved with a bit of digging. This board apparently requires NodeMCU-32s selected and to hold down the boot button when uploading...

if you have 2 buttons, you must press the "boot button" when it says "connecting" then release it..
i have known that a 10 micro farad capacitor plugged between 0v and "EN" makes the process automatic: no more have to press "boot button"
if you have a single reset button -ex: wemos D1 R32 mini- and others, the process is automatic, but could fail certain times, so when it says "connecting", try to press the reset button for 3 or 4 secondes, then release, and do this at many times during ........ and so on..
try also to make the driver (ch340 or cp21xx) up to date -> xy.2019...

FrenchDoctorElec