UNO R4 WIFI's USB not getting detected

Hey all :waving_hand:,

I have this Arduino Uno R4 Wifi board has was trying out OTA over the IDE, not cloud and needed to upload a sketch to start OTA and fix OTA issues (that's a whole other problem) over USB, like any normal Arduino user would. So it's comes by surprise when I try to connect to tge Ardunio using Tools--Ports, I see nothing. I've tried a lot of things but one of the more leading things are when I run lsusb (I'm on debian, linux), the Arduino doesn't show up. I'm opening to any questions, that info is the basics I guess.

The suspect in such circumstances is usually the USB cable. Make sure its a data cable and not just a charging cable. Have you tried a different one?

Also try running:

sudo dmesg -wH

and then plug the board in. Does it show anything when the board is connected?
It should produce something similar to this:

[Mar27 21:08] usb 1-11: new full-speed USB device number 11 using xhci_hcd
[  +0.323965] usb 1-11: device descriptor read/64, error -71
[  +0.241874] usb 1-11: New USB device found, idVendor=2341, idProduct=1002, bcdDevice= 1.00
[  +0.000004] usb 1-11: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2, SerialNumber=3
[  +0.000001] usb 1-11: Product: UNO WiFi R4 CMSIS-DAP
[  +0.000001] usb 1-11: Manufacturer: Arduino
[  +0.000001] usb 1-11: SerialNumber: F4****6***30
[  +0.004584] hid-generic 0003:2341:1002.0007: hiddev2,hidraw6: USB HID v1.11 Device [Arduino UNO WiFi R4 CMSIS-DAP] on usb-0000:00:14.0-11/input0
[  +0.000548] cdc_acm 1-11:1.1: ttyACM0: USB ACM device

Please post your result if different.

I have tried dmesg a bit and it hasn't worked or showed up, I will try that real quick, but I have a confirmed data cable (plugged in my phone and ran something like dmesg and it popped up)

Here is my attempt at running that command, nothing popped up as soon as i plugged the arduino in:

xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: xHCI Host Controller
[  +0.000009] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
[  +0.001119] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: hcc params 0x200077c1 hci version 0x100 quirks 0x000000000004b810
[  +0.000356] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: xHCI Host Controller
[  +0.000009] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 2
[  +0.000006] xhci_hcd 0000:00:14.0: Host supports USB 3.0 SuperSpeed
[  +0.000066] usb usb1: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0002, bcdDevice= 6.12
[  +0.000005] usb usb1: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[  +0.000004] usb usb1: Product: xHCI Host Controller
[  +0.000002] usb usb1: Manufacturer: Linux 6.12.74+deb13+1-amd64 xhci-hcd
[  +0.000003] usb usb1: SerialNumber: 0000:00:14.0
[  +0.000356] hub 1-0:1.0: USB hub found
[  +0.000078] hub 1-0:1.0: 11 ports detected
[  +0.005536] usb usb2: New USB device found, idVendor=1d6b, idProduct=0003, bcdDevice= 6.12
[  +0.000007] usb usb2: New USB device strings: Mfr=3, Product=2, SerialNumber=1
[  +0.000003] usb usb2: Product: xHCI Host Controller
[  +0.000001] usb usb2: Manufacturer: Linux 6.12.74+deb13+1-amd64 xhci-hcd
[  +0.000002] usb usb2: SerialNumber: 0000:00:14.0
[  +0.000161] hub 2-0:1.0: USB hub found
[  +0.000016] hub 2-0:1.0: 4 ports detected
[  +0.020808] libata version 3.00 loaded.

I'm only pasting things about USB, also this is all i found in lsusb

Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 064e:c341 Suyin Corp. HP Truevision HD
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 06cb:3150 Synaptics, Inc. Synaptics Touch Digitizer V04
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 048d:8350 Integrated Technology Express, Inc. ITE Device(8350)
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 32c2:0018 HS6209 2.4G Wireless Receiver
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 8087:07dc Intel Corp. Bluetooth wireless interface
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub

Thanks,

Are you plugging in the UNO Q vis a USB hub?
If so, then try plugging it in directly into the USB port on the computer.

Also are you plugging it into a USB3.1 capable port?

No, (it's a arduino uno r4 wifi, btw) and that above is just I think the computer's hub or something, there was a lot of info about USB and other things that I didn't feel like posting details I don't want to share without knowing about it, so I kinda just pasted whatever said USB, it did say stuff about new device and that's why I pasted lsusb. I did try to use the Find tool on the terminal and it said nothing was found about Arduino. I'm pretty confident that the port might be USB 3 or above, but not sure. If it is below, it would still work, because it has worked for a long time, and now started acting up.

Then you have a basic hardware problem; dmesg -w should say something. If not, then software will not get you any further.

Did any of the LEDs on the R4 turn on? At least that would indicate the board is getting power via USB. If the cable worked OK with your phone, then it's probably not the cable, which leaves the USB on the R4 as the next likely culprit.

I figured out that you have to run it with sudo, even so, nothing popped up as "Arduino" or "Expressif". This might be useful, but it started when I implemented OTA, A Web Client/Website (i don't know what to call it), and API calls

Its just possible that the ESP firmware has been corrupted. The R4 WiFi has a special firmware installed on the on-board ESP chip to create a "bridge" to the Renesas RA4M1 and handle the USB communications. You might be able to restore communications by following this:

https://support.arduino.cc/hc/en-us/articles/16379769332892-Restore-the-USB-connectivity-firmware-on-UNO-R4-WiFi-with-espflash