Upgrade from IDE 1.8.16 to IDE 2.2.1 Sketches from NAS cannot be opened

I upgraded the Arduino IDE from 1.8.16 to 2.2.1 succesfully. But there is an issue when I doubleclick my sketches stored on my NAS-Server (Synology DS215). They start the Arduino IDE 2.2.1 but the edit window does not display my sketch source code. It only display the stump like you get it when starting a new sketch, means there is only the empty setup() and loop(). It behaves the same when I use the File Open inside the IDE. I figured out that every thing works well when I transfer my sketches to my C-drive. Hence it seems that the new IDE cannot access my *.ino files when they are located on the NAS. I did not have that problem with 1.8.16.
Does anybody have an idea how to cope with this?
Kind Regards, Bernhard

Hi @beju1711. This is a known bug in the framework Arduino IDE 2.x is built on. It is being tracked here:

If you have a GitHub account, you can subscribe to that issue to get notifications of any new developments related to this subject:

The easiest workaround is the one you already discovered: to move the sketches to a path that is not on the network share.

Alternatively, if you would like to continue to open sketches from the network share, you can map it to a drive on your computer. Then make sure to open the sketches from that drive instead of from the network location:

@ptillisch Thanks a lot for your qick response. I mapped the network drive and now opening the sketches works as expected. :slight_smile:
BR, B.

You are welcome. I'm glad it is working now.

Regards,
Per

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.