Upload Due Boot-loader Instructions Please

Never done this before but I have a working Due and one I believe doesn't have a bootloader on. I've connected to the SPI ports (minus the 5v) and pin10 from the main board to the reset on the SPI on the blank board. I selected the Due board, uploaded Arduino as ISP and hit Burn bootloader and I just get a message saying : Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino Due (Native USB Port)"

Please select a programmer from Tools->Programmer menu

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Some nice instructions that are specific to DUE would be nice. Thanks

The Arduino IDE only allows a programmer to be used for boards of the same architecture as the hardware package that defines the programmer. The Arduino as ISP programmer definition is part of Arduino AVR Boards and as such can only be used for boards of the AVR architecture. The Due's architecture is SAM. Unfortunately the Due's hardware package does not define any programmers, which is why you encountered that error. So the official software does not provide any way to do a Tools > Burn Bootloader operation on the Due. If you do some searching you might find a workaround for this.

The Due SAM3X processor has a bootloader built into ROM memory. It can't "not have" a bootloader, or lose the bootloader. There is no "Arduino bootloader" for the chip, and you should never need to to do "burn bootloader."

It's vaguely possible that the GPNVM1 bit that selects "boot from the internal ROM bootloader" could be set wrong, but the "erase" button on a Due should override that.

It's also possible that the USB/Serial firmware could be wrong (might need a special version for Due, to handle that "erase" thing?)

Thanks. I worked it out in the end.

rickyelqasem: Thanks. I worked it out in the end.

Would be nice to share the solution.

sterretje: Would be nice to share the solution.

Usually that vague post translates into I did something stupid and I don't want to admit it.