using Arduino nano to control electromagnet

Hi,
I want to use an Arduino nano to control the on/off status of the electromagnet, but right now I have no idea what steps should I do and other components that I need. so could someone help me, please!!

After looking through some posts, I am going to use MOSFETS as the switch to control the electromagnet on/off. However, I have no clue how to use this, someone can give me some clues please!!

Give us a link to the electromagnetic.

You would replace the motor with your electromagnetic in these circuits:

MOSFETs I have used with the Arduino:

Thanks so much for your quick response!!

The electromagnet I am using is uxcell 5V 50N Electric Lifting Magnet Electromagnet Solenoid Lift Holding. I bought it from Amazon.

I am sorry, I do not understand what these circuits mean, so I need to choose one of them to apply to my board connection?

Circuit C1 should work for you.

Use an external 5v power supply to power the magnet; make sure you have a common ground to the Arduino.

What is the resistance of the magnet’s coil ?

TECHNICAL DETAILS

Nominal Voltage: 5V DC
Current Draw: 0.3 Amps at 5V
Holding Force: 5 Kg / 11 lb
Diameter: 25mm / ~0.8"
Center Diameter: 12mm / ~0.5"
Height: 20mm / ~0.8"
Lead Length: 280mm / ~11"

“ Electric time:Less than 7 minutes ;”

300mA is not that much current so most MOSFETs will work.

really appreciate your help!!!

actually, I am using Bluetooth module to connect with the Arduino nano, so I am wondering is that similar to control the LED status? to use high/low potential to control the D3 and other ports?

In circuit C1, a HIGH to the Gate turns on the MOSFET, the magnet would then be energized.

A LOW to the Gate turns the MOSFET off, the magnet would be de-energized.

Thank you so much for your help!!!!!

Really appreciate it!

I would say you need two things.

The first is one of these ready-made modules which makes the assembly a lot easier:

Aliexpress example

The second is a diode placed across the electromagnet according to the circuit pointed out previously. Unless you are using PWM, an ordinary 1N4001 (or 1N4004, 1N4007 etc) or equivalent will do just fine. :grinning:

Thank you very much for your advice!!

I would suggest you to go with FETs i.e. 75N75, thaat way you can control ON//OFF and can also generate the PWM pulse, although it will involve soldering. IF you are not gud with electronics then go for above mentioned module.