Using ultrasonic transducers. (again) :( )

Hello,
got a pair of ultrasonic transducers(40khz) and want to use them with arduino. Just can't find any good circuit the build the module of the transducers. So i basically want to transducer reciever to be a basic lm386 amp one. The h-bridge must/can be a 555 timer one. Please give me the schematics. Regards.

There used to be a set of schematics for the Devantech SRF04 online.
That uses a PIC (IIRC) and a MAX232 to drive, but you could dump the PIC and use a 555.
Can't remember what the rx amplifier is, though.

For the transmitter, i know i could use a 555 timer but the schematics. Tried to find a lot and could not find any.(Google really didn't help this time :frowning: )

Google must be broken where you are.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Devantech+SRF04+schematic&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

First hit.

Actually, the circuit is just too hard and i don't think i can get those ICs from my local store. Something easy please ?

the circuit is just too hard

But it has been around a long time, and it works.
Unless you have, and know how to use, an oscilloscope, I'd advise against building your own.

http://www.kerrywong.com/2011/01/22/a-sensitive-diy-ultrasonic-range-sensor/

A Sensitive DIY Ultrasonic Range Sensor – Kerry D. Wong

:slight_smile:

Oooops, I didn't notice it the same OP.

So i basically want to transducer reciever to be a basic lm386 amp one. The h-bridge must/can be a 555 timer one. Please give me the schematics.

You can't use lm386 as receiver amplifier , as it's Power Amplifier.
Probably, you can build a bridge with couple lm386 to drive a transmiter, or better hack ANY audio power amplifier (including your radio/cd player/active speakers).
The same with receiver, ANY mic amplifier could be easily modified to accept 40 kHz as input. Replacing Just 1 or 2 cap that define upper frequency.
If you can't find a schematic with "ultrasound" included in search pattern, try "audio " instead,
there are zilllions of them.