Water detection system

Hello,
I just discover ARDUINO and I want to make my first project.

I have the following scenario.
If the water sensor detect a leak i want to be inform by (sms, email or any other method) and automatically power off an outlet. When the leak if off i want the outlet to be power on
It it possible?
If i want to monitor detection in 3 rooms, how can i do that ?

I also want to be able to power off the outlet with my phone (wifi connection)
Another question
If I want to control more equipment (smoke detection, motion sensor etc), do I need to pull the Arduino UNO wire up to each sensor?

What component do i need to buy.
Thank you very much for help

matornei:
Hello,
I just discover ARDUINO and I want to make my first project.

I have the following scenario.
If the water sensor detect a leak i want to be inform by (sms, email or any other method) and automatically power off an outlet. When the leak if off i want the outlet to be power on
It it possible?
If i want to monitor detection in 3 rooms, how can i do that ?

I also want to be able to power off the outlet with my phone (wifi connection)
Another question
If I want to control more equipment (smoke detection, motion sensor etc), do I need to pull the Arduino UNO wire up to each sensor?

What component do i need to buy.
Thank you very much for help

Come on, have you put any thought into this yourself?

"If the water sensor detect a leak" - what water sensor and how does it detect leaks?

An Arduino can switch power outlets on and off using relays, unless the Arduino is connected to the power outlet when it cannot turn the power back on because it is err..... switched off.

"If i want to monitor detection in 3 rooms, how can i do that "
You can detect motion in numerous rooms using motion detectors.

"If I want to control more equipment (smoke detection, motion sensor etc), do I need to pull the Arduino UNO wire up to each sensor" - that depends on what equipment you buy, it could use WiFi.

"What component do i need to buy"
buy an Arduino Uno an LED and a 220ohm resistor and read the tutorial on how to make the LED blink.
Once you understand that move on to slightly more complicated project.

It is your project. People will help you if you have a real try at it and get stuck. They will not design and build something for you into which you have not put the slightest thought.

Hi, See this post:

I just want to know what shoud i buy.
Arduino one rev3, sensor, led etc
I want to make an order and pay one shipping. I don’t want cu order every day something
Thanks

What if you buy everything and then change your mind about the parts? Research first.

Start small, buy an Arduino and learn how it works.

jremington:
What if you buy everything and then change your mind about the parts?

That's the start of your box of goodies of course!

Pro-tip: add some nice storage boxes, the kind that has many small compartments, with your orders. Great for sets of resistors, capacitors, connectors, transistors, ICs, and all the parts that you end up not using.

Just one more question before start to buy something
If i succeed with my project i want to be able to control the circuit from my phone
Should i buy Arduino UNO rev 3 + wifi shield of Arduino MKR1000 WIFI with Headers Mounted
Thanks

This product it's ok ?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ULTIMATE-UNO-R3-Starter-Kit-for-Arduino-Keypad-RTC-1602LCD-Servo-Motor-Gas-Relay/152145710940?epid=730831715&hash=item236c974f5c:g:KWEAAOSw7rdaXAy-

Why you choose WiFi over Bluetooth?

If you go the WiFi way, look into the ESP8266 based boards which have WiFi built in - this includes WeMOS D1 and NodeMCU development boards.

matornei:
This product it's ok ?

To what extent do the contents of this kit match the parts that you need for your project? Do you even have a shortlist of interesting parts already?

I don't know what parts do i need but i see that kit have a little of everything
That's way i'm asking. I just know what i want to do. Detect water and be inform to my mobile phone / stop a 12v electronic valve

This one OTA WeMos D1 CH340 WiFi Arduino UNO R3 Development Board ESP8266 ESP-12E | eBay it's ok ?

I think i need:
development board
water sensor
capacitors
resistors
led
cables (female-female and female - male)

matornei:
I don’t know what parts do i need but i see that kit have a little of everything
That’s way i’m asking. I just know what i want to do. Detect water and be inform to my mobile phone / stop a 12v electronic valve

This one OTA WeMos D1 CH340 WiFi Arduino UNO R3 Development Board ESP8266 ESP-12E | eBay it’s ok ?

I think i need:
development board
water sensor
capacitors
resistors
led
cables (female-female and female - male)

Good start.
You’re also going to need jumper wires (there are nice sets of jumper wires available for breadboards), and male/male wires are also often useful.

Resistors/caps: very cheap sets with lots of different values available. Very convenient for many projects.

Then you need something to switch that 12V valve - best guess would be a power MOSFET but it depends on how that valve works. Need more info.

Water sensor: you’ll have to find out what kind of water sensor would be suitable for your leak detection (key parameters: how big leak do you want to be able to detect, where exactly do you expect the leak to be, how fast do you need it to detect the leak). Lots of options - start Googling for similar projects and see what suits you. Go from there.

Communication with your phone: Bluetooth or WiFi?

Power supply? Also important in relation to the 12V valve.

This is the valve https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2-Way-1-2-to-1-Brass-Motorized-Ball-Valve-DC5V-12V-Electrical-Ball-Valve/251950442551?hash=item3aa96aa837:m:mDxSJh7TuS6lDmg9ej0e2Nw

So that’s one that needs to be powered constantly to be open.

You’re definitely going to need a MOSFET to switch that valve. The IRL540 is one of many types that can do the job. Probably also needs a flyback diode, can’t say for sure but safety dictates you should just add one.

The power supply for the valve can conveniently be used to power your Arduino as well. Specs say it can operate at 5V, max current 0.5A so good chance you have one already (look at your spare/disused mobile phone chargers - those output 5V, and can typically supply 1-2A).

I want to be able to communicate via wifi because i’m not always home

My shopping list is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322468936030?var=511443986964

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331945294359

It’s ok for start ?

matornei:
I want to be able to communicate via wifi because i'm not always home

My shopping list is:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/322468936030?var=511443986964

That'll be set off when in a pool of water. Should do the job. At least it's a cheap sensor. Two parallel wires would have the same effect. Great for detecting bigger leaks and floods.

OTA WeMos D1 CH340 WiFi Arduino UNO R3 Development Board ESP8266 ESP-12E | eBay

Go for a mini, not this Uno-lookalike. The D1 Mini makes much more sense. Or the NodeMCU is also a good one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/331945294359

I guess most of what's in this kit you're not going to use, at least not for this project.

Starter kits are great for people that don't have anything specific in mind, just like the idea and want to start tinkering with it. You have a specific project, you'll be better off figuring out what you need for it and get those parts.

matornei:
I want to be able to communicate via wifi because i'm not always home

That's actually quite a challenge, to get to connect to a WiFi server behind your router, or getting the data out to an external server.

As this is leak detection I would guess what you really want is alerts when something goes wrong. You can do that by having the device send out an e-mail to you, or with a GSM board have it send you an SMS message notifying of the status (and have it send a message once a day or so with a basic message like "all's fine, I'm still alive!").

Thanks a lot. I'll buy everything and start testing
One more question
How do i monitor water leak in 3 rooms? I need 3 sensors and a lot of wires of should i make 3 equipment ?

I found this: Water Leakage Detector and Valve Control - Arduino Project Hub

It's what i want to to except the communication part
It's ok ?

wvmarle:
So that's one that needs to be powered constantly to be open.

You're definitely going to need a MOSFET to switch that valve. The IRL540 is one of many types that can do the job. Probably also needs a flyback diode, can't say for sure but safety dictates you should just add one.

The power supply for the valve can conveniently be used to power your Arduino as well. Specs say it can operate at 5V, max current 0.5A so good chance you have one already (look at your spare/disused mobile phone chargers - those output 5V, and can typically supply 1-2A).

The data sheet shows that it is fail in position. not self-closing.

close contacts on your relay and it opens
close contacts on your other relay and it closes.
remove power and it stays wherever it is.

there are a ton of home water sensor, automatic battery operated valve, kits that do the water side of what is being asked. Flood Stop is only I am familial with.

FloodStop