Waterproof keyboard and Arduino

Hello,

I would like to ask if someone has ever used a numeric keyboard for his projects other than the usual arduino keypad. I want to use a waterproof / antivandal keyboard to one of my projects but I can't find any suitable (or cheap).
I searched ebay but didn't find anything.
Does anyone have any reccomendations?

I searched ebay but didn't find anything.

I typed "anti vandal keypad ebay" into the google search box, and got 22000+ hits.

PaulS:
I typed "anti vandal keypad ebay" into the google search box, and got 22000+ hits.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for answering.
I meant I searched ebay and dind't find anything Arduino compatitible.
These are Door Access Controls which I can't (or don't know how to) use with Arduino and the Keypad library. Most are 12VDC and are used with a fixed 4 digit PIN to open doors or have RFID reader.
I need a simple numeric keyboard instead of arduino soft keypad which is not trustworthy.

I sent emails to most companies (even to Kntech) and all answered that they don't have something suitable to work 5V with Arduino.

Others most expensive are not an option for me(300 euros) so I didn't ask. I am just looking a cheap solution to test a project. That is all.

Have you ever done something similar? Is there a way to make a Door Access Control to work as keypad?
Thanks.

Nobody knows???
:slightly_frowning_face:

What is a "Door Access Control" ?

As far as I can understand these are pre-programmed keyboards that allow you to enter a 4-digit PIN or an RFID card in order to give you an output. The output is like a relay that opens the door. Is that right?

And most work with 12V. But Arduino works with 5V.