what equipment to need!?

greetings. i am quite new to arduino and 100% to this forum. i would very much like to sent some numbers to iot app via wi-fi. what arduino and chip or add-on will i need to get online in a fast way!? please experienses. please pros and cons. please not expensive. Rosalina ???

RoselineHT:
please not expensive.

On the above criterion, the Heltec WiFi kit 32 or the NodeMCU are hard to beat. About the only "con" is that they have only one analogue pin.

thank you for fast reply. i do not know this gadget but it goes instead of the arduino and has onboard wi-fi-chip!? it uses arduino code language!? i will need more than 1 pin for censor.

RoselineHT:
thank you for fast reply. i do not know this gadget but it goes instead of the arduino and has onboard wi-fi-chip!? it uses arduino code language!?

Yes to everything, and it even has an OLED display and Bluetooth. The only thing missing is an SD card slot but, if there is a similar board around with onboard SD, remember where you heard it first.
Note that I said only one analogue pin. It has a swag of digital pins. These things are so potent that, if you really need more analogue pins you might consider some peripheral device to convert the signals to digital.

the NodeMcu i find on ebay are all lua language!? where to find arduino one!? :slight_smile:

Once you get them, you just reprogram them with your sketch, erasing the lua abomination that they come with.

There is a thriving community of ESP8266 and ESP32 users (both Arduino-based and otherwise) online - if you look at their forums, or the documentation for the ESP8266 or ESP32 arduino hardware package, it will explain this process. Note that neither of these are officially supported boards - the support is provided with a third party hardware package that you install (I think via board manager now). Those other forums are a better resource than these forums for ESP8266/ESP32 stuff - this forum seems to mostly have people using official boards and third party ones that are similar to official ones, so you're less likely to find people who know the answers to ESP-specific questions.

You can also use an ESP8266 with the AT firmware as a serial-to-wifi adapter, using the appropriate libraries. This is a very cheap way to get a wifi adapter for a traditional Arduino - though you do need to add an external 3.3v regulator (and it's appropriate input and output caps), since the crap regulator on Arduino boards can't even dream of supplying the peak current needed.

RoselineHT:
the NodeMcu i find on ebay are all lua language!? where to find arduino one!? :slight_smile:

Don't worry about it. You can programme ESP in several languages, just like you can programme Arduino in several languages. Read Pieter's guide. It is not difficult to set the ESP up in the Arduino IDE. It may be because I have used Arduino for a while, but I think this forum is entirely adequate for ESP users, and the activity in the WiFi section suggests that the ESP8266 is the only way to go for WiFi, to the point where virtually nothing else gets a mention.

http://esp32.net/

https://learn.adafruit.com/category/adafruit-io

have nodeMCU with mail today and it works after 20 minuttes. excelent! thank you for advice!! :slight_smile:

Glad thnat worked out. Note that, if you want to send analogue, one of those youtubes shows a guy with three potentiometers sending data to adafruit.