tone(9,i);
 delay(15);
 }
 for(i=800;i>700;i--){
 tone(9,i);
 delay(15);
 }
 }

what is going on the the void loop, like what do those values represent?

Don'e ever be afraid to check the documentation:

https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/Tone

Looks like the second argument to the tone function is the frequency. Are those the numbers you were asking about?

yes, specifically the "for(i=700;i<800;i++)"

How do you specifically come up with those values...Are the values in hertz, and how do you know what type of sound they make? Is it incrementing by 100 hertz each time it goes through the loop?

The first number is the pin number. The second is the frequency (Hz). There can be a third number for duration in milli as well.

The 700 and 800 are a range of frequencies that the author of that code liked the sound of. How do you come up with those numbers? Experiment. Change the numbers. And that code increments by 1 every 15 milli. So, it would probably sort of sound like an air raid siren I'm guessing.

mer64:
Are the values in hertz,

Did you read the page I linked you to? Why not? Why should we help you if you can't even go and read a page when we spoon feed you the link?

mer64:
and how do you know what type of sound they make?

The relationship between frequencies and pitch has been known for a very very long time. I bet if you google that you'll find a plethora of information on the subject.

mer64:
Is it incrementing by 100 hertz each time it goes through the loop?

Is that what i++ does? Does ++ increment by 100 or by 1? That's what it is doing.