Where can I buy RJ45 female connectors?

I'm working on a project where I use Cat5e cable to send four digital signals from an Arduino to some electronics about six feet away. I have the Cat5e cable that I need, with a male connector on one end.

What I need, though, is the RJ45 female connector to go with the electronics. I want to mount that connector on perfboard and run wires from the connector to some transistors and other components.

I thought those connectors would be easy to find, but can't find them anywhere. Any suggestions on where to look?

Found them at Jameco. I knew that would happen. Whenever I give up and post, I find the answer shortly thereafter.

Digikey and Mouser have them. I don't know how perfboard-friendly they are. And keep in mind some have integrated isolation transformers ("magnetics") that you'll want to avoid.

Oops, my mistake. I said RJ-45 female connectors, but what I was having trouble finding was USB female connectors. Jameco has them. Digikey and Mouser do not seem to.

SirNickity: And keep in mind some have integrated isolation transformers ("magnetics") that you'll want to avoid.

Thanks for the heads-up about the magnetics. I wondered what that meant.

Daanii: Oops, my mistake. I said RJ-45 female connectors, but what I was having trouble finding was USB female connectors. Jameco has them. Digikey and Mouser do not seem to.

SirNickity: And keep in mind some have integrated isolation transformers ("magnetics") that you'll want to avoid.

Thanks for the heads-up about the magnetics. I wondered what that meant.

You need to search again. Use the word "receptacle" rather than "socket" - its the posh way to say socket!

Thanks, MarkT. You are right. At Digikey I searched for USB receptacle, and there they were. It’s nice to learn to be posher.