Which one is better in Robotics and IoT

Hello Everyone, I want to is arduino better in robotics and IoT or raspberry PI? I want to build my career in IoT but which language is better for a future point of view. As my research for instance, if task is to read sensor data and react to it in real time, an Arduino board will suit you more than a Raspberry Pi. This is due to its low power requirement and low maintenance. Arduino is ideal for projects which need to run continuously with little or negligible interaction and reaction. Is it right information? Can anyone suggest me head to head comparison between both?

Can anyone suggest me head to head comparison between both?

Chalk and Cheese I am afraid, but you could use an Arduino to collect data and a Pi to process and display it

ankitdixit:
Can anyone suggest me head to head comparison between both?

An Arduino is a microprocessor in a convenient package with a convenient programming system. The main advantage of a microprocessor is that it has no Operating System to get in the way of activities that need precise timing.

A RaspberryPi is a PC with a complete Operating System in a small package. And it has the great advantage that it can be programmed in Python.

As @UKHeliBob they are complementary rather than competitors. And there is probably a large number of simple tasks that could be performed equally well by either.

You might also consider the ESP866 and ESP32 boards (such as the Wemos) that can be programmed with the Arduino IDE and which have WiFi built in. They have much more powerful microprocessors and more memory but they generally have less I/O capability than an Uno.

...R

ankitdixit:
Hello Everyone, I want to is arduino better in robotics and IoT or raspberry PI? I want to build my career in IoT but which language is better for a future point of view. As my research for instance, if task is to read sensor data and react to it in real time, an Arduino board will suit you more than a Raspberry Pi. This is due to its low power requirement and low maintenance. Arduino is ideal for projects which need to run continuously with little or negligible interaction and reaction. Is it right information? Can anyone suggest me head to head comparison between both?

It depends on your level of proficiency and requirement. If you need to control your robotic locally (without any network) undoubtfully Arduino is the best option. If your robotic application depends on high end image processing and computation then Raspberry pi is the better option.
It also depends on the type of motor you will use. If servo motor is used in the robotic application then Arduino can be used. Raspberry pi sucks at controlling multiple motors, especially if the control signals are PWM. Raspberry pi don’t have a hardware PWM. Since RPi runs a Linux operating system, the Linux Kernel won’t be able to send exact time pulse in GPIOs as it have to handle multiple operations.

Ultimately, if you want to develop a killer robotic application with high end processing such as Image processing, getting data from the internet server (IoT) and also if your application has a multiple motors to control, then you can make use of both Raspberry Pi and Arduino. In such scenarios, RPi can be used to do computations and send control signals to Arduino via Serial[1] or Bluetooth. The received control signal should be interpreted by Arduino to send exact time pulse (PWM) to the motors.

For more information, you can visit this blog post from where I have read more information about your questions.

Best to use both together. The Pi handles high level complexity, anything internet related, anything audio/video/media related, possibly provides a login and interaction terminal for users, maybe acts as a place where you might have regularly modified code or saved files. The arduino acts as a low level slave, it handles realtime tasks like motor control, encoder reading, sensor handling and translating sensor data from raw values into meaningful measures. You connect them up over UART, I2C or SPI. You can have multiple arduino slaves each handling different subtasks, and when you produce a things with many slaves you can just buy ATMEGA328P chips (small form factor and <£1.50 each) as standalone parts and wire them up with an oscillator, capacitors and such and pop them into breadboards, stripboard or PCBs once programmed. Arduinos and other microcontrollers manage what is referred to as “hard realtime” operations, things which absolutely always must complete in less than say 10milliseconds, things where you must never miss an incoming change of logic level. Good for doing simple, and mildy complex, tasks fast. A Pi is a computer, just like a desktop or laptop but much smalelr, cheaper and with more IO lines and interfacing options easily accessible. It has a full operating system, file folder structure and such. A Pi can handle complex tasks, and things for which many backend libraries are needed (media files, wi-fi, internet connectivity…), it does bigger more complex tasks but while the number of actions per second the procesor performs is higher than on an arduino the Pi is slower to get tasks done as it has a full operating system worth of functions which it must service every so often. A pi cannot be guaranteed to get things done within a time limit, bt it can do much bigger things.