Wireless Page Turner

Hey all! So, I'm VERY new to all this and was researching peripheral devices to wirelessly change pages on my ipad. As I did my research, I came across the Arduino and thought it would make a fun project so I bought an Arduino 101 off of Ebay. As I'm doing even more research I'm starting to think I may have gotten in over my head. Basically I need 3-4 buttons that would interact wirelessly to turn pages in an app. Is this feasible with what I have?

Does you IPAD offer this option?

Paul

I know that there are many apps that support wireless page turning peripherals.

awrenn:
I know that there are many apps that support wireless page turning peripherals.

If you want to make an Arduino project that can mimic one of those apps then you need to know how those apps (or at least one of them) work. What data is sent by wireless to the IPad, what type of wireless is used (perhaps Bluetooth, perhaps WiFi) and that exists on the IPad to receive the wireless data.

None of this information has anything to do with Arduinos.

...R

I think that many or most of these apps would support "keyboard" control. I work on Adobe Acrobat, and we support using keyboards for previous / next page. So, I believe the trick would be to make a device that emulates a keyboard and can customize which keys signals it will send (e.g. arrows, space bar, etc). I'm investigating such a project myself, for accessibility purposes (For use with VoiceOver on iOS, to navigate prev / next by someone with prosthetic limbs). I'm considering using an arduino, plus a bluetooth "HID" device: Adafruit Bluefruit LE UART Friend - Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) : ID 2479 : $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits The trick then is finding the right "input" controls or switches. I suspect that for page turning, you will want something different than I want as an assistive use, but it is a similar concept.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.