Yun - Nothing compiling at all.

So, I just purchased my first yun board. I have Arduino Uno and have been messing with it for some time, I still consider myself a beginner at all of this.So, i just got a new computer for christmas a dell inspirion 15 with microsoft 8 on it and realized i had to download the Arduino IDE again. I installed the correct version for the yun 1.5.8 beta. For some reason I cannot get anything to upload and this includes my uno which i've never had this problem before with other versions of the IDE. I have no idea what the problem is. I deleted and reinstalled the program again and again. made sure port 5353 was not blocked by the firewall ( I tried anything that I could relate the problem too). I am at a loss. I even deleted the Yun supported version and uploaded the normal one I run which i believe is 1.5.0 or something like that but with that version I can't use my yun but was able to use my uno. I need any and all help i've been trying to figure out whats going wrong all night. Thanks. this is the message i'm receiving when I try to upload a sketch to my yun and uno in version 1.5.8 beta :::::

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=158 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\AARON'S\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\AARON'S\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp.o

avr-g++: error: C:\Users\AARONS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\AARONS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp.o: No such file or directory avr-g++: fatal error: no input files compilation terminated. Error compiling.

Duplicate post deleted.

DO NOT CROSS-POST; CROSS-POSTING WASTES TIME.

Try the standalone version of the IDE instead of the installer version.

Does it work?

Amdun802: So, I just purchased my first yun board. I have Arduino Uno and have been messing with it for some time, I still consider myself a beginner at all of this.So, i just got a new computer for christmas a dell inspirion 15 with microsoft 8 on it and realized i had to download the Arduino IDE again. I installed the correct version for the yun 1.5.8 beta. For some reason I cannot get anything to upload and this includes my uno which i've never had this problem before with other versions of the IDE. I have no idea what the problem is. I deleted and reinstalled the program again and again. made sure port 5353 was not blocked by the firewall ( I tried anything that I could relate the problem too). I am at a loss. I even deleted the Yun supported version and uploaded the normal one I run which i believe is 1.5.0 or something like that but with that version I can't use my yun but was able to use my uno. I need any and all help i've been trying to figure out whats going wrong all night. Thanks. this is the message i'm receiving when I try to upload a sketch to my yun and uno in version 1.5.8 beta :::::

Arduino: 1.5.8 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Uno"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega328p -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=158 -DARDUINO_AVR_UNO -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\standard C:\Users\AARON'S\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\AARON'S\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp.o

avr-g++: error: C:\Users\AARONS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp -o C:\Users\AARONS\AppData\Local\Temp\build8692957150419961928.tmp\Blink.cpp.o: No such file or directory avr-g++: fatal error: no input files compilation terminated. Error compiling.

I am using 1.5.8 for use with my Yun and Due just fine. Just make sure that when you install the IDE, run the installer "As administrator..." to make sure you have proper rights to write to certain folders used during compilation...

Angelo9999: Try the standalone version of the IDE instead of the installer version.

Does it work?

I've tried just the zip file. still nothing. I've also tried and ran the installer as admin and still nothing. I can't compile anything. This is very frustrating.

Amdun802: So, I just purchased my first yun board. I have Arduino Uno and have been messing with it for some time, I still consider myself a beginner at all of this.So, i just got a new computer for christmas a dell inspirion 15 with microsoft 8 on it and realized i had to download the Arduino IDE again. I installed the correct version for the yun 1.5.8 beta. For some reason I cannot get anything to upload and this includes my uno which i've never had this problem before with other versions of the ::::SNIP::::

Amdun802, in review of your original message. I must assume you had the Arduino Uno working. This tells me the problem is likely with Windows 8, NOT Arduino. But before you run off, first is that ERROR message the complete message? My impression is that something is missing. If this is not the entire ERROR message, can you upload the entire message?

Next, if you still have the old computer/setup, can you try that to make sure things are working properly.

Thanks Jesse

That is the entire message I copied and pasted the whole thing. I am beginning to think it is a windows 8 issue, I doubt I would be able to contact arduino about it. I haven't seen anybody else with the same issue with windows 8 that I am having. I am currently installing the yun supported IDE to my old laptop to see if I have the same issue. I do believe it will work on my computer as I think it is an operating system error. Any body know of anyone else with the same issue on windows 8? and anybody know of somebody I can contact, like a programmer, from arduino? Thanks for everyones help

have you looked at C:\Users\AARONS\AppData\Local\Temp\ to see if the build files are there ?

Amdun802:
That is the entire message I copied and pasted the whole thing. I am beginning to think it is a windows 8 issue, I doubt I would be able to contact arduino about it. I haven’t seen anybody else with the same issue with windows 8 that I am having.
I am currently installing the yun supported IDE to my old laptop to see if I have the same issue. I do believe it will work on my computer as I think it is an operating system error. Any body know of anyone else with the same issue on windows 8? and anybody know of somebody I can contact, like a programmer, from arduino? Thanks for everyones help

Have you bothered to real all of all the replies you got? :confused:

Ralf

I found solution to this problem,

This is because the Cygwin1.dll is replaced by other version of arduino-IDE(Mine is DigisparkIDE).

Just copy the Cygwin1.dll from your arduino path to C:\windows\system32 and replace it.

Then the arduino IDE will works again.