how to install dc motors??

hi everyone,
i am new to arduino.i have used servo motors in my arduino board but they are too slow to serve my purposes. can some one help me with using dc motors instead of servos for increased speed and performing the same operations such as turnig the bot left or right straight or backwards.

waiting for reply,
thanks

We are not psychic - you need to be more specific.

May I suggest that you look for alternative servos. The speed of a servo is determined by how fast you feed the translation (movement) signal to the motor and the gear ratio within the servo (if it has an inbuilt gearbox). The servo is the ideal motor if you want open loop positional control (no feedback of actual position) with reliable movement dependant simply upon command. A conventional DC motor is totally uncontrollable without a feedback system which will complicate your design and add little towards solving your problem without a lot of effort.

jack

hey,
thanks 4 the reply! the servos are good as they have feedback but i need more speed so i just wanted to use dc motors for that.servos are about 80 rpm max .i use my bot for purposes such as line or path follower so i needed more speed for that, so waiting 4 u guys for the solution!
thanks

You could try a variation of the below servo hack with a normal servo to increase the servo movement speed.