Nano 328 driver problems

I can't figure this out to save my life.

I've tried several things. I cannot upload my sketched to this nano 328. It gives me an error that says the com port is being used.

I've tried following both of these videos that seem to work for everyone else.

No luck. Mprog doesn't find the device and when I try to install the driver I never get the option to set it as a serial converter. Only serial port shows up. Any ideas?

I think you are using windows 7 OS.

In that case you need to do this

goto device manager

goto port where your port being detected

right click goto property

goto advance setting

then choose port which is being not in use. then press OK.

Once all process done unplug the USB & connected back. this time you will find updated POrt & you can upload the code

Yep I'm on Windows 7. Forgot to mention that.
Thanks for the response and the new idea but sadly it still didn't work.
I switched it over to a COM that did not say "in use". COM 12 to be specific. It warned me that it could have unpredictable effects. I went ahead and did it anyway. Same result.

"Serial port already in use. Try quitting any programs that may be using it."

The port shows up and I can select it, but it won't let me upload.

After it didn't work I tried updating the driver and it still doesn't accept the upload.

Reboot?

Yea I tried rebooting too.
Nothing seems to work. My Uno and Mega2560 work just fine. I forgot to mention this is a chinese clone of the nano. Doesn't seem to matter for everyone in the comments of those two videos though. But my UNO isn't Arduino either it's a Sparkfun Red Board.

Does the nano have an FTDI chip on it? There may be an issue with the FTDI driver.

I'm not sure what that looks like. Sorry I'm new to all this.

Snapshot_20141219.jpg

Once you choose port . have you tried to upload boot loader again.Here i am attaching driver section. download it on arduino folder remover old driver folder. chose below path.

Please try to put snap shot along with arduino IDE .or error where you seeing so we can really help it to work

drivers.zip (1.19 MB)

K. I deleted the old driver and put yours in. Again, I can only set it as a port in device manager, it never allows me to set it as a converter. It prompted me to restart my computer afterward so I did. After all was said and done I still get the same result.

Here's the error.

This report would have more information with
  "Show verbose output during compilation"
  enabled in File > Preferences.
Arduino: 1.0.6 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Nano w/ ATmega328"
Binary sketch size: 1,070 bytes (of a 30,720 byte maximum)

processing.app.SerialException: Serial port 'COM1' already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it.

at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:171)

at processing.app.Serial.<init>(Serial.java:77)

at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:77)

at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:175)

at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:67)

at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1666)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1622)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1594)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2382)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Serial port 'COM1' already in use. Try quiting any programs that may be using it.

at processing.app.debug.Uploader.flushSerialBuffer(Uploader.java:101)

at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadViaBootloader(AvrdudeUploader.java:175)

at processing.app.debug.AvrdudeUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(AvrdudeUploader.java:67)

at processing.app.Sketch.upload(Sketch.java:1666)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1622)

at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1594)

at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2382)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

The USB to serial converter is on the other side of the board, can you post a picture or read what is written on the chip?

One chip says AMS1117 5.0 H424KE
The other says CH340G 202685401 (the one closest to my finger in the picture)

Snapshot_20141220_7.jpg

Well, if it has a CH340 on it you will need the CH340 drivers which are here.

HAHA! :smiley:

You're amazing! It works! Thank you so much. Thanks to all of you for helping me. Problem solved!