2.8" ILI9341 LCD Stuck on white screen!

Hi, I've been trying to get a 2.8" ILI9341 LCD working for a few hours now, but no luck.
I've wired it according to this diagram:

Although please note I have not used resistors as I don't have any.

Far as I can see, no matter what way I wire it, I only get a white screen. Could this be due to a resistor problem? I don't see why, I have a 16x2 character LCD and it works fine without resistors.

I am using this LCD.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Do I have a faulty display? Thanks.

Although please note I have not used resistors as I don't have any.

The display requires 3.3V logic. It will not work with 5V logic without level-shifters.

1k0 seems too small. I suggest that you 4k7 or 10k

Seriously, buy a Uno Display Shield. It will have any necessary level-shifters, ...
Just buy, plug it into Uno, and go.

David.

david_prentice:
The display requires 3.3V logic. It will not work with 5V logic without level-shifters.

1k0 seems too small. I suggest that you 4k7 or 10k

Seriously, buy a Uno Display Shield. It will have any necessary level-shifters, ...
Just buy, plug it into Uno, and go.

David.

Hmm ok. I can't use an uno display shield, as I actually plan to use this display with a Teensy 4.1. I'll purchase some resistors, the screen says that it works with 5v but I guess that is only for the input voltage. Thanks!

The Teensy4.1 has 3.3V logic. So you don't need any level-shifters.
Connect pins directly to Teensy4.1 GPIO
Connect VCC pin to 5V on Teensy4.1
Connect GND pin to 0V on Teensy4.1

Mr Stoffrogen has library and example code for your display.
Just copy the connections used in his library examples.

David.

In the ILI9341 breakout you can connect VCC to 3.3V, the teensy 4.1 has a robust voltage converter on board. The ILI9341_t3 library for the TFT and the XPT2046_Touchscreen for the touch panel.

Also with the recent adjustments to the SD library and SDFat beta (renamed to SDFat again) you can use the teensy 4.1 native SDIO reader to upload images to the ILI9341, without having to install an external microSD reader.

In the example we have a teensy 4 and an ILI9488 screen, with an SD-microSD adapter on the SDIO lines. The teensy 4 is almost identical to the teensy 4.1

SDIO test_Teensy 4.x

The OP provided a link to his actual display in #0

It has a 3.3V regulator marked i1 on the PCB
And an open solder-bridge marked J1 on the PCB

You have a choice:
either connect VCC pin to 5V and leave J1 open (i.e. as it came out of the box)
or you connect VCC pin to 3.3V and short J1 (like TFTLCDCyg)

Since your Teensy4.1 has both 5V and 3.3V both will work ok.

If you do short J1 remember to open it before using the display with 5V. Otherwise everything will fry.
Personally, I think it is a lot safer to leave J1 open.

@TFTLCDCyg,

The video speed is impressive. Especially since ILI9488 requires 3 SPI bytes per pixel.
Other controllers like ILI9341, HX8357, ST7796 can use 2 SPI bytes per pixel.

David.