4 Digit, 7 Segment Display to Shipping Scale

Hi all!
I am new to Arduino, though I am not unfamiliar with what it does. This would be my first project and I am excited! Here at work I am tasked with improving our weighing station. What I would like to do is to hook our shipping scale to the Arduino and have the Arduino display the weight in lbs and oz on a 4" x 12" 4 digit 7 segment display. I've seen many videos on how to wire the Arduino to the display. Where my confusion and lack of knowledge comes is in how to hook up the scale to the Arduino. I will link to the Amazon listing of the scale we use for reference. But basically, the scale comes with the platform which connects to a display via an ethernet cable.

Amazon Scale

Anybody know how to help me?

Thanks,
Ryan

Thanks for the link. It shows a complete system having the balance and the display unit.

Why go for an Arduino?

I've seen many videos on how to wire the Arduino to the display. Where my confusion and lack of knowledge comes is in how to hook up the scale to the Arduino.

I do not see any interface that is available on the scale that directly would connect to an Arduino in this manual. One would have to hack the display or scale to obtain the scale data. Perhaps you can provide links to the videos that you saw.

Also link to the 7 segment display.

What Arduino board are you using?

Start with getting the Arduino to talk to the scale, retrieve the value, and print it to the Serial monitor.

When that’s done, showing the value on a 7-segment display is simple. Get one with TM1637 backpack to make life really easy.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.