A Speaking Arduino?

I am currently programming an AI ( Automated Intelligence ), but i have stumbled upon a problem.
I’ve coded it so the Arduino based computer would speak but i can not seem to find a component or shield that speaks.

If anyone could come up with a component/shield/solution it would be much appreciated.

thanks

There are tons of addon boards that will play audio clips, plus there's the SpeakJet that does synthesized speech.

One which I do not recommend is EasyVR (voice recognition and playback) - I haven't tried it's playback, but I've had two of the eye-wateringly expensive things, and I haven't managed to get even 10% voice recognition success which is what it's supposed to be for :-/

Can you still by a Votrax chip? I played with one of those a long time ago. It was pretty fun.

DrAzzy:
EasyVR (voice recognition and playback) - I haven't tried it's playback...

I haven't managed to get even 10% voice recognition success which is what it's supposed to be for :-/

Afer a few months of experimenting I have voice regognition to 80-90%.
Inbuild commands are useless, but custom commands can be ok if you use the right words.
Software is waaay to complicated for a starter.
Time I tried playback.
Leo..

With the Talkie software, an Arduino can speak a wide range of words and any combination of numbers. All you need is an audio amplifier. GitHub - going-digital/Talkie: Speech library for Arduino

See also the video here: Pololu - Speech synthesis with the Orangutan SV-328

If you need custom words, the Emic 2 module is a good choice. A few different voices to chose from. It can sing pretty well to. Not "to" difficult to use. Here is a quick video of it singing.