AD1974 Interfacing Arduino Mega via SPI

I am attempting to interface an AD1974 ADC with an arduino mega. This is my first time working with an arduino and could use some serious help. Do you know how to set this up via SPI?

Once set up, I would like to read and separate the left and right channels of both digital outputs. I am also unsure of how to do this.

Any help is seriously appreciated.

search SPI on the site good examples :wink:

I have looked at the SPI page and downloaded the library. I have also looked at the incorporation of the MCP3208, which can be found in the arduino library.

Here is the datasheet for the AD1974: http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/AD1974.pdf.

I have the SPI pins (AD1974 pins 23-27) hooked up to the Arduino Mega SPI pins 50-53 appropriately. I would like to read my two digital outputs of the ADC. Should I plug them into the serial ports or a digital input? How do I set that up in code?

As I mentioned, this is my first time working with both the arduino and the ad1974. I am doing this for a school project and will feel more comfortable performing other coding (data analysis) once I know how to properly hook up the hardware and initiate the components via software.

Thanks!