Adafruit rfid/nfc shield

I am still fairly new to this but have gone through several project books so far. I have been wanting to make a lockbox controlled by arduino uno r3 and adafruit rfid shield. I really need some help in figuring out how to control things using the rfid reader. I have been able to find little to help get me started. I have read many posts telling people to go to the babel fish tutorial but everytime I try to verify the code it wont work so I cant even upload it to play with it. I realize this post may be annoying to many of you and it is my first so bare with me. Anyone out there make an rfid lock box or something similiar? Anyone perhaps have some sample cade to get me started or know where I can get some. Doesnt seem like many people have bought the adafruit rfid reader because I can find little on it as far as help or even completed projects. Any help would be greatly greatly appreciated because I really dont know what else to try. Thanks

Ok so I felt like such a dumb ass newb I decided to sit down and figure this out. Well theres no one here to tell so I'm telling you I got it. I got it to turn on a led when a certain tag is read. Thats all I needed and now I can build on it to eventually make a kick ass lock box. This is why I love the arduino. Every time I try something new it gets harder and when I finally do figure it out it is an amazing feeling. I literally jump and yell in excitement. Anyways sorry for the dumb post but believe it or not it did help me.

but believe it or not it did help me.

I do. It is a very powerful technique for getting your thinking straight. Trying to explain your problem to someone forces you to think about it in ways you would not normally do. Students would often come to me with a problem and by the time they had told me what it was they had solved it.

Every time I try something new it gets harder and when I finally do figure it out it is an amazing feeling.

I think this is summed up by this video:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9saYHg_JmWE

Grumpy_Mike:

I think this is summed up by this video:- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9saYHg_JmWE

Exactly