Adafruit sd_1106 + oled

Hello, I'm using an Arduino Mega and have 2 each OLED .96 and 1.3. I've downloaded Adafruit SH_1106 and SSD_1306 libraries. The .96 uses the 1306 lib while the 1.3 uses the 1106 lib.
Using the File/Examples the .96 OLED works great, however the 1.3 (both of them) display a blank screen. I’m using address 0X3C on both which I found ok using the address finder.
If I use the LCDGFX library, the 1.3 OLED works just fine, but lacks many of the features of the Adafruit_SH1106.h
I would like to know if the Adafruit_SH1106.h is broken or what can I do to make the Adafruit_SH1106.h to work?
Thank you!

First off. Please use correct spelling when referring to libraries, part numbers, program names, ...
You can always edit your own posts.

Adafruit_SSD1306 is written and maintained by Adafruit and is suitable for your 0.96 inch SSD1306 OLED
Adafruit_SH1106 was not written by Adafruit and is suitable for your 1.3 inch SH1106 OLED

Adafruit_SH1106 was adapted from an obsolete version of Adafruit_SSD1306 several years ago.
It probably works ok but does not seem to be maintained.

Each device should use a different I2C address e.g. 0x3C for one screen and 0x3D for the other. You can alter the address by changing the link with a soldering iron. Don't worry if you lose the 0R resistor. A blob of solder will do the same job.

An Arduino MEGA2560 has plenty of memory for running two 128x64 OLED screens at once.
The Arduino UNO does not have enough memory for two "Adafruit_xxx" screens but is ok with U8g2 or lcdgfx libraries.

Sorry to be pedantic. No one minds the occasional typo in written English. But technical words are important.

David.

Pedantic you may be, but please don’t be a pettifogger. I was searching for information on SD_1106 and read your reply to . I interpreted his question to be concise, and to the point.
You wrote, “Please use correct spelling when referring to libraries, part numbers, program names, …” and by the way, it should be program names, …, two dots not three.
His spelling was all correct, and I found it easy to understand. In your foppish manner, you implied he was a dunderhead. Don’t be a jackanapes and apologize to him for your error.

Thank you for the information, but I believe you may have misunderstood my question. I'm not trying to drive two OLED displays at the same time, only one. The OLED in question requires the SD_1106 driver. Is there a library you can suggest that has the flexibility of the Adafruit SSD_1306 that can run on the SD_1106 OLED?
Thank you!

My apologies. I thought that I answered your question:

Adafruit_SSD1306 is written and maintained by Adafruit and is suitable for your 0.96 inch SSD1306 OLED
Adafruit_SH1106 was not written by Adafruit and is suitable for your 1.3 inch SH1106 OLED

Which means that your program statements are identical for the main application logic.
You just change two lines: the #include statement and the constructor statement.

I tried Googling for SSD_1306, SH_1106, SD_1106

I could only find datasheets for Solomon Systech SSD1306 and Sino Wealth SH1106
There were no results that included the underscore.

However there were several hits from AliExpress, Ebay, ... that claimed their OLED display had a "SSD1106"
Solomon Systech have never made a SSD1106 chip.

I tried searching the IDE Library Manager for SSD_1306, SH_1106, SD_1106
This found libraries for SSD1306 and SH1106
There were no results that included the underscore.

Several of the Library Manager libraries will use the same syntax and methods as Adafruit_SSD1306
i.e. the same graphics methods, the same print methods.

The OLED in question requires the SD_1106 driver. Is there a library you can suggest that has the flexibility of the Adafruit SSD_1306 that can run on the SD_1106 OLED?

Only you know what a SD_1106 driver is.

Not all readers are native English speakers. And have varied technical knowledge.

It is much easier to post a link to the actual display that you have bought. e.g. Ebay sale page
It does not matter what country or language is used by the "shop". We can usually identify the display.

David.

Many thanks for that information.
I read the post from "johnblack" and I looked at my prior post, and did not find any misspelling of the word libraries. so I guess I agree with Mr. Black, but again, thank you.

@gregfox151,

Yes, “libraries” is spelled correctly.
SH1106 is the chip made by Sino Wealth.
SSD1306 is the chip made by Solomon Systech

I am intrigued by your “SD_1106 driver”

@johnblack,

Ellipsis is three periods …
I don’t know what two periods means …

I am intrigued by your “searching for information on SD_1106”

David.

This topic was automatically closed after 49 days. New replies are no longer allowed.