ADXL accelerometer code errors

Hi all,
I'm very new to Arduino and electronics, so please forgive me if this is a very silly question. I would really appreciate some help with this project.
I'm currently working on this: Interactive LED Lab Coat : 11 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables and have included an accelerometer and electret microphone.
I'm coming across the following error messages:

Interactive_Lab_Coat.ino: In function 'void setup()':
Interactive_Lab_Coat:73: error: 'class ADXL345' has no member named 'powerOn'
Interactive_Lab_Coat.ino: In function 'void accel()':
Interactive_Lab_Coat:247: error: 'class ADXL345' has no member named 'readAccel'
Interactive_Lab_Coat.ino: In function 'void accelRainbow()':
Interactive_Lab_Coat:300: error: 'class ADXL345' has no member named 'readAccel'

Full code here: Interactive LED Lab Coat : 11 Steps (with Pictures) - Instructables
I took out the code for the sonar sensor because I am not including it.
Can anybody tell what I need to do? I already downloaded the adxl345 library.

Thank you!!!

I can't find which library is used in that instructables page. Do you know which library is used for the ADXL345 ?
Can you give a link to the library you downloaded ?

Do you know how to install a library ?

Hi Erdin,
I'm not sure which specific library is used but I did download the following:

https://www.loveelectronics.co.uk/Download/Love%20Electronics%20ADXL345%20Arduino%20Library/aHR0cDovL2M0ODc1My5yNTMuY2YzLnJhY2tjZG4uY29tL0xvdmVFbGVjdHJvbmljc19BRFhMMzQ1X0FyZHVpbm9MaWJyYXJ5X1YxLnppcA%3D%3D
The ADXL345 is from Sparkfun.
None appear to fix the problem.
I downloaded the library to My Documents > Arduino > Libraries

There are more libraries for the ADXL345, and the instructables don't tell which one they used.

Do you know how to install a library ?
Is the folder called "libraries" with a lower case 'l' ?
If you take a look at the settings in the Arduino IDE, is your sketch location set to "My Documents > Arduino" ?

Let's do this step by step.

Step one: Which Arduino board are you using ?

Step two: Connect the ADXL345.
How is it connected ? Can you upload a photo it.
Do you want to use the I2C bus ?

For the I2C bus, connect GND to GND. Vcc and CS to Arduino pin 3.3V pin. SDA and SCL to SDA and SCL on the Arduino Board (or pin A4 and A5 on a Arduino Uno or compatible board).

Add pull-up resistors for the I2C bus. Use two 4k7 (or 10k) resistors form the SDA and SCL to 3.3V.
For a first test, you could try without those.

Step three: Run the i2c scanner.
Create a new sketch and try the i2c scanner, Arduino Playground - I2cScanner

Step four: Test the ADXL345.
Take a look at the Sparkfun page, https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9156
They don't provide a library for the Arduino.
They have a tutorial for the Arduino, but that is SPI mode, ADXL345 Hookup Guide - learn.sparkfun.com

Adafruit has a tutorial for the ADXL345: ADXL345 - Triple-Axis Accelerometer (+-2g/4g/8g/16g) w/ I2C/SPI [STEMMA QT / Qwiic] : ID 1231 : $17.50 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits
However, they use a different board with a voltage regulator and more components.
But you could follow that tutorial and try to make the sensor work.

See the section about the ADXL345, Arduino Playground - HomePage
I like this one: http://bildr.org/2011/03/adxl345-arduino/

The sketch in the link you gave, doesn't even use a library. It is short and simple code, Arduino-libraries/BareBones_ADXL345.pde at master · jenschr/Arduino-libraries · GitHub

Remove libraries for the ADXL345 you don't use, they could easily get mixed up.

Step five: Think
If you have the sensor working, do you want to continue with that code, or do you want to find the library for the instructables ?
If you need to adapt the instructables sketch with your working code for the sensor, we can help.