Air and water temperature monitoring feasibility

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this site and forum and this shows to be the most promising place for what I'd like to do. I have a small project/experiment that involves temperature sensors for both air and water. I'd like to set up multiple points and have that data saved to a spreadsheet/graph. The project would measure the water temperature coming in and out of the 'heater' as well as ambient air temp. Is there a way to set this up and to have it transmitted via wifi or saved for export?

Many, many ways.

As a beginner, you will want to take baby steps. If you have no Arduino experience at all, start with the tutorials that come with the Arduino software package, and learn to blink an LED, read a voltage or a sensor, etc.

Then pick one of many possible temperature sensors and learn to read it.

For tutorials, do a search, for example "arduino temperature sensor".

I use PLX-DAQ to send sensor data directly to an Excel spreadsheet.

You do not say what range the temperatures are. The DS18B20 sensors can measures temperatures from -55°C to+125°C. Fahrenheit equivalent is -67°F to+257°F

The DS18b20 temperature sensors are available in different configurations including water proof.
The are one wire devices meaning that you can hang several sensors on one wire, simplifying the interfacing and wiring of multiple sensors.

You could use a ESP8266 WiFi module (like NodeMCU) to interface the sensors and communicate the temperatures via WiFi.

Or use a regular Arduino like an Uno and and SD card to record the tempertures.

Thanks for the responses! The DS18B20 should be more than enough for the temperature ranges.