Analog pins - pwm capable

This is probably a very obvious question to most, but I've read conflicting information about it. Are the analog pins (specifically on an arduino pro mini) capable of PWM output?

I've purchased this board: http://www.ebay.com/itm/291353349885?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I don't need to use the SD card pin, but it would be ideal if I could.

I need three spare PWM out pins and one spare analog read pin, ideally also a spare digital output (non pwm). The LCD takes up lots of pins, so if I can use the spare analog as PWM out I'll be able to do what I want to do.

Thanks

Are the analog pins (specifically on an arduino pro mini) capable of PWM output?

Yes, just not hardware PWM.

Forgive my ignorance, but does that make a difference? I've tried to get it working before but haven't been able to, only the PWM on the digital pins worked. Do I need to do anything special to address the analog pins for PWM output? I tried A3 etc, never got it working.

Analog pins (A0-A5) pins can be used as digital I/O pins by using the appropriate pinMode.
Any digital output can be used as a PWM pin if you write the software to drive the output, which will involve a continuous processor overhead.
Only the pins marked with a ~ can be used as hardware-driven PWM pins, and once written-to require no further processor involvement.
On the Uno, these are pins 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11.